I suggest to have a look at these references (not in particular order
The wonderful tutorials of Alvarez
and also by Peter Guthrie
You can download the maya (2011), max (2012) or obj scene files from the following link
HIGH RES OBJ
MED RES OBJ
MUSHROOMS FBX ONLY
ROCK ONLY FBX
SPLIT LAYERS FBX
TREES ONLY FBX
-THANKS TO TUFFMUTT OTHER FORMATS-
Donation in other format are very welcome.The obj was tested for import both in Maya and Max and worked ok.
I've tried to suggest some cameras since I modeled inside the scene a small caterpillar (the UV should already be correct). You can also focus on some kind of microworld. Also, even if they come from maya paint fx, the mushrooms seems detailed enough to try a closeup (and have fun with SSS). the terrain is ready for being "displaced" ! Also all the UV for the vegetation and foliage have already been "packed".
If posting your own rendered images or video of this scene anywhere out of this thread, please credit Giorgio Luciano for the modeling.
- Use any 3d software and techniques you would like.
- Changes to the scene are allowed but not required.
- Post your work in progress by replying to this thread so you can receive feedback
- Feel free to share any extra information or breakdowns to show your techniques or lighting set-up.
- Ask questions and give feedback
- Enjoy yourself!
The deadline is in 45 days !
NEW DEADLINE END OF MARCH 2013