LC #39 Bottle Redux

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2015
LC #39 Bottle Redux

IMPORTANT EDIT: THIS IS AN OLD CHALLENGE. Please enjoy reading through this thread as an archive, but it is closed to new posts. You can still download the old models 
and also post your entry in order to ask for feedback here 

So there's the redux version of one of my favorite chellenge ! The Bottle challenge !
The deadline is the 28th of February since we will have lot of news for our challenge this year

Here's the model for the new challenge. Donate by Giorgio Luciano and Preston Platt
there's the link. Mirror with other format are very appreciated

FBX
OBJ

modelling was inspired by this picture by Sue Atton

Guidelines:

If posting your own rendered images or video of this scene anywhere out of this thread, please credit Clint Rodriguez for the modeling.
  • Use any 3d software and techniques you would like.
  • Changes to the scene are allowed but not required.
  • Post your work in progress by replying to this thread so you can receive feedback
  • Feel free to share any extra information or breakdowns to show your techniques or lighting set-up.
  • Ask questions and give feedback
  • Enjoy yourself!

Last edited by jojo1975 : 09 September 2017 at 05:27 PM.

01 January 2015
Just for kicks then. Couple of hours work.

01 January 2015
@ Priest great start for this thread, keep going and post more !

01 January 2015
Question Regarding UVs for the high detail wall

The high detail wall in the scene has no UVs. Anybody have any ideas on techniques for creating UVs for the wall with such a high polycount? I tried automatic mapping in Maya, but that seems to take forever. Even if i manage to do planar projections from different sides, stitching the seams together will be a big problem. Any ideas appreciated.

01 January 2015
Wip 01

Just started

01 January 2015
First time on challenge.

This was fun, tried to get in as much as possible in the little time i have right now(so not much time for WIP's). I kinda like the mood on the last evil dead movie so i kinda went for that look.

Rendered in 3ds max 2014 with mental ray. Most maps are just tileable and i did really crude UV mapping just to get the images on the models. All materials arch&design. Post process done in after effects.

This was a really good model to work with and a nice exercise. Maybe i could get another mood done for fun later.

01 January 2015
Hi!I have been reading your page and I finally decided to start participating! This is my first message and my first try of this changuelle!

Used Vray for C4D and Photoshop for postproduction
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Botellas+.jpg (77.8 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by macasdez : 02 February 2015 at 09:06 AM.

01 January 2015
Originally Posted by jeb: This was fun, tried to get in as much as possible in the little time i have right now(so not much time for WIP's). I kinda like the mood on the last evil dead movie so i kinda went for that look.

Rendered in 3ds max 2014 with mental ray. Most maps are just tileable and i did really crude UV mapping just to get the images on the models. All materials arch&design. Post process done in after effects.

This was a really good model to work with and a nice exercise. Maybe i could get another mood done for fun later.

0.0 fuckin´awesome!

02 February 2015
First WIP

Hi All,

Here's my First WIP for this challenge.
Used 3Ds Max, Vray and Photoshop.

Comments and Critiques are most welcome.

Passes:-

Last edited by nitroPHORUS : 02 February 2015 at 06:32 PM.

02 February 2015
Hey guys, wanted to give this a go but it says I need permission to download the files?

Gothic Cathedral Work in Progress
Flickr

02 February 2015
Hello ! probably you clicked inside the rar, that's why it seems you need permission, just try to dowload. You can see them but not modify Let mew know how it goes
Giorgio

02 February 2015
Hmm, I just clicked the link and it shows an access denied page on google drive

Edit: Tried it in IE instead of chrome and it worked....

Gothic Cathedral Work in Progress
Flickr

02 February 2015
Decided to take up the challenge and not be lazy. Here is my first WIP on the Redux lighting challenge. Most of it post in Photoshop. Couldn't get my anti aliasing on the vray Depth of Field to work. Anyone have any idea how I go about this. The specular seems to get blown out and very difficult to control. I am happy with the intensity of my lights as well as the setup. The shaders still need a bit of work but my next iteration should end up being the final one.

Software - Maya 2014
Render Engine - Vray 2.4
Modeling - Giorgio Luciano
Texturing, Lighting & Shading - Clint Rodrigues

Vray Physical Camera with DOF

[IMG][/IMG]

I have also included my light setup.

02 February 2015
Originally Posted by jojo1975: Mirror with other format are very appreciated

Here is a .mb (saved with maya 2015 use ignore version for previous versions please) with some minor tweeks so you people dont have to deal with scales and weird normals, etc. I also grouped some things for a clear outliner.

Nothing fancy! but i always wanted to give back to the 3d comunity and this may be the first little step in that direction.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6...iew?usp=sharing

If for some reason something is not working let me know!

Cheers.

02 February 2015
This is what i have so far, (rough quality settings) .With this project I am taking the opportunity to learn vray so i'm showing zero creativity here!...maybe if i have more time later (and the will), i'll try to make a more personal illumination.
Vray, sun & sky, vray materials (standar), and gi.

update

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bottle_challenge_v08_Web.jpg (64.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by JM-art : 02 February 2015 at 03:09 AM.

Thread Closed share thread