FEEDBACK: Post here your take on the old challenges !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  06 June 2014
Originally Posted by abuha: You have no experience in Photography,have you?


Hey I'm just saying, you can take that how ever you want, values were a rough call, still somethings felt off again textures, and illumination doesn't seem to make sense but hey since your a photographer and you seem to know so much about it go out find an abandoned hallway or industrial complex, snap a couple of photos and replicate it and then you can talk about green your saturation is...
 
  06 June 2014
challenge #21 bedroom wip

Hi Guys, bedroom work in progress image, some textures need to be done and i have rendered intermediate quality so the image is a bit noisy , suggestions are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj5wsj5eo...bedroom_wip.jpg
 
  06 June 2014
Originally Posted by Kysg: Hey I'm just saying, you can take that how ever you want, values were a rough call, still somethings felt off again textures, and illumination doesn't seem to make sense but hey since your a photographer and you seem to know so much about it go out find an abandoned hallway or industrial complex, snap a couple of photos and replicate it and then you can talk about green your saturation is...


Why you mad.

The tree is not receiving any illumination because it is directly in front of the window, also because it being back lit by the sun light coming trough the front window and there is no fill light to lighten up the shadows.

The light is not bouncing back from the ground because I am using 1 bounce for final gather.

everything is subjective and the results i have got in the render are deliberate and planned.

I would have taken your criticism seriously if it did not sound so off handed and condescending.


Will post a break down soon

Last edited by abuha : 06 June 2014 at 12:49 PM.
 
  06 June 2014
pls keep calm. We are talking about lighting and rendering and we all want to learn more
__________________
"please be gentle I'm still learning.."
giorgioluciano.co.place
 
  06 June 2014
bedroom lighting wip

comments and suggestions are welcome

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsfa9ybl8...om_wip_v01_.jpg
 
  07 July 2014
Originally Posted by abuha: The tree is not receiving any illumination because it is directly in front of the window, also because it being back lit by the sun light coming trough the front window and there is no fill light to lighten up the shadows.


Not a photographer by any stretch, still building skill on photography.

Assuming you're looking for feedback:

  • Seems like some light from the left window would cast through the foliage around the post making the leaves a bit more translucent.
  • Is there light (flash?) coming from behind the audience (viewer)? Seems like the areas blocking the light could be darker.

Cheers,
 
  07 July 2014
Originally Posted by arvindfx1: comments and suggestions are welcome





Hi arvindfx1,

Nice work.


Night Image
  • The side of the bed opposite the window seems like it could use a bit more shadow; it feels like it's a bit too illuminated.
  • The image seen through the window makes it feel like it's early dusk and the room feels more like late night.
  • Assuming the light through the window is moonlight, the materials on the bed and the smaller poster seem like they should be less saturated ... closer in appearance to the tall poster.


Day Image
  • It seems like there's an additional source of light illuminating the radiator under the right window.
  • The side of the bed opposite the window seems like it could use a bit more shadow; it feels like it's a bit too illuminated.

Cheers,

Last edited by hgagne : 07 July 2014 at 10:07 PM.
 
  07 July 2014
I took a stab at one of the old challenges because I wanted to try a small interior scene.

Rendered in Vray for 3dsMax. Uses 3 rectangular lights and an HDRI. Render took about 3 hours.

This is right out of Max, no touch-ups or comping. Any feedback would be appreciated.

__________________
Eric Harvey
Technical Director
Keyframe Digital Productions

Last edited by Eric-Harvey : 07 July 2014 at 12:19 AM.
 
  07 July 2014
Originally Posted by Eric-Harvey: I took a stab at one of the old challenges because I wanted to try a small interior scene.

Rendered in Vray for 3dsMax. Uses 3 rectangular lights and an HDRI. Render took about 3 hours.

This is right out of Max, no touch-ups or comping. Any feedback would be appreciated.


Nicely done.

Definitely makes me feel like I'm at my favourite greasy spoon.

Lighting and shadows feel believable to me. The reflection of the objects "into" the table is a nice touch.

Material-wise, the chrome seems a bit "too polished" but that's my personal opinion. The glass of the Pepper Shaker and Vinegar bottle seems out of sorts; the pepper seems transparent and vinegar less opaque than I would have expected.

Cheers,
 
  07 July 2014
Originally Posted by hgagne: Nicely done.

Definitely makes me feel like I'm at my favourite greasy spoon.

Lighting and shadows feel believable to me. The reflection of the objects "into" the table is a nice touch.

Material-wise, the chrome seems a bit "too polished" but that's my personal opinion. The glass of the Pepper Shaker and Vinegar bottle seems out of sorts; the pepper seems transparent and vinegar less opaque than I would have expected.

Cheers,


Thanks for the feedback. The chrome material has been bothering me too, I'll tone down the reflectivity for the next iteration.
__________________
Eric Harvey
Technical Director
Keyframe Digital Productions
 
  07 July 2014
wip

hi hgagne, sorry for late reply, stuck in work.
here's my updates image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7c43b9nnydo60t/bedroom.jpg

Last edited by arvindfx1 : 07 July 2014 at 05:15 PM.
 
  07 July 2014
Originally Posted by arvindfx1: hi hgagne, sorry for late reply, stuck in work.
here's my updates image.


Hi arvindfx1,

No apologies required for my part; life always interrupts my plans.

Looks good; the radiator seems too illuminated for the rest of the scene ... almost like there's a light coming from behind the desk that is near the floor.

Cheers,

BTW, it may be easier to get feedback if folks could see the image in the post instead of clicking a link - here's some info on achieving that. You'll need to encapsulate the link in image tags instead of url tags.

http://jkhub.org/topic/2650-posting...s-from-dropbox/
 
  07 July 2014
Hello ! I will have a more stable connection in one week Keep posting I will write feedback soon.
__________________
"please be gentle I'm still learning.."
giorgioluciano.co.place
 
  07 July 2014
Done playing around with this one I think. It was pretty fun, thanks for the model Giorgio.

__________________
Eric Harvey
Technical Director
Keyframe Digital Productions
 
  08 August 2014
No smoke and haunted hallway

Here are my attempts at two past challenges.

A little image for no smoke scene. It was done in maya and renderman studio 18



And here's a link of a quick video for haunted hallway which was done using v-ray for maya



I would love to receive feedback on those two pieces!!

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Scied : 08 August 2014 at 05:37 AM.
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.