Bonyface - Facial Rigging Tool For 3dsmax

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2011
BonyFace 2.5

BonyFace 2.5 was released

The tools of BonyFace 2.5 consist of the basic tools and extended tools.
Basic tools are freeware for everybody. You can use basic tools to create rig and skin, adjust parameters of the rig and animate control objects with standard tools of 3ds max without any limitations.
Extended tools are available only in authorized copy of the script, but everyone can use extended tools during trial-period (10 sessions of BonyFace 2.5). You can use extended tools to create complex profeccional facial animation and simplify work with model.

02 February 2011
This new tool sounds great! Thanks for making this! Testing it out, I seem to always get an error when I'm adjusting the spline for the "mouth", the first click near the chin returns a runtime error and says 'bit array index must be positive number, got: 0' Like I said I get it on different models.

thanks

02 February 2011

2 dpolcino: I'll check that. Can you please make a screenshot with this bug? (i want see this point on the mesh) Looks like your model doesn't match the requirements of spline adjustment.

2.5.1 was released. Some minor bugs was fixed, tips was included. Sample scene is present on site.

Last edited by OneAcc : 02 February 2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: bug

02 February 2011
skin error

please, any help could be great.
after Click Add skin I git this Massage:

MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Unknown property: "pos" in $Object:Base Human001Neck2 @ [-0.000005,1.794697,118.363174] <<

02 February 2011
Well that's exactly the bug of 2.5, regarding cat or biped skeleton, it was solved in 2.5.1, so install 2.5.1
Alternative way - you can rig and skin the character with old BonyFaceLight 2.0 and use 2.5 after.

02 February 2011
Thanks

Thanks for your help, by the way it's great script, is there any chance that the rest of tutorials come in english, thanks again.

02 February 2011
tutorials

Yes, future tutorials will come with english subtitles, like some current tuts of BF 2.0

02 February 2011
Perhaps you can throw in that simple 3D head model in the future, so we can test the process with a model we know works, that way eliminating that element of potential user error. Thanks!

02 February 2011
sample model

Actually i did this already: http://www.scriptattack.com/maxscri...ene_max2010.zip
You can download it from the script's english page.

02 February 2011
Thanks, that works great!

02 February 2011
Since I found out about this plugin from the Zign Track site, I was wondering if anyone has a bone structure set up for Zign Track's default output? From reading the BonyFace manual I guess you'd only have to do this once.

03 March 2011
I'm getting a "no distance" function undefined error while testing this, even with the default model. It didn't do that when I first tested this the other week. Could it be something I changed in Max, like Units, that Bony Face doesn't like? (using trial version)

03 March 2011
May be, but it is not units, actually this is the first time i hear about such kind of bug. Tell me details - when, where and screenshot plz.

03 March 2011

I'm working on next 2.6 version.
What's new:
1.Increased rig performance
2. An ability to rotate jaw along local y
3. Toolbar with main tools and buttons
4. Faster appearance of Face window
5. Reconstructed UI of Drive window - separate rollout for options of each layer's type
6. New Grimace tool - fast manipulator with sets of major controls and intelligent mixer of poses (up to 8 poses can be mixed by single control)
7. Minor improvements and bugfixies.

04 April 2011
New UI for Poses window in BF 2.6 (coming soon)

features:
1. button to delete poses/animations
2. button to open BFPoses.ini
3. some UI improvements
4. New Grimace tool to mix up to 8 poses simultaneously (realtime), save grimaces to files and pick them later.
Attached Images
File Type: gif bf26_PosesUI.gif (43.3 KB, 16 views)

reply share thread