Bonyface - Facial Rigging Tool For 3dsmax

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

03 March 2010
Hello Again..

Just wanted to post one more tip...

Please make sure your head polys have all its verts welded...this can sometimes cause problems with inverted jaw and eyes movements.

Also the Head must be Above the XY plane, so every vertex can have a Positive Z coordinate in World Coordinate System

Nildo

Last edited by nildoe : 03 March 2010 at 12:40 PM.

03 March 2010
You can find english documentation of BonyFace here

04 April 2010
bonyface.com

Domain bonyface.com was registered. There you can use paypal to buy bonyface.

06 June 2010
BonyFace 2.0

BonyFace 2.0 is coming soon
What's new:
1. Fast adjustment of splines
2. Loading, saving and viewing bonyface-animation files (*.bfa)
3. Mixer of poses (up to 10 poses to mix)
4. Importing poses and animations from one character to another.
5. Improved bvh-layer algorithms (interactive setup, auto-linking, more than one marker per control, etc.)

09 September 2010
BonyFace 2.0 Light was released

This is freeware version for everybody. You can use it to create rig and skin, adjust parameters of the rig and animate control objects with standard tools of 3ds max without any limitations. Works in 3ds max 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Features of BonyFace Light:

1. Automaticly creates scripted spline model based on algorithm of analysis performed on head model.
2. Automaticly creates the bones and a system of control objects (rigging) for 3D Poly Face, based on an editable model of scripted splines.
3. Automaticly adds a Skin modifier for the head (or modifies an existing Skin modifier present) and adds bones of BonyFace-rig to skeleton. Cat, Biped and Bones are supported.
4. Automaticly creates rig and skin for tongue.
5. Ability to rotate and stretch the lips.
6. System of direct and soft control objects. There are 118 BonyFace-controls on a BonyFace Rig.
7. Ability to adjust any settings of the rig very fast and easy through a very comprehensive UI.

Links:

scriptspot

help doc

download

09 September 2010
BonyFace 2.0 Complete is done

BonyFace 2.0 Complete

09 September 2010
BF light install

I down loaded and installed Bonyface demo with no problem. It works fine. Then I found out there was a V.2 and a Bonyface light. I cannot figure out the installation and the readme file is a bit confusing. When you say drag into "3ds max window" just what type of window do you mean? I don't work with a lot of mzp files so I need someone to hold my hand through this. The demo installation was a breeze, typical max scripts, but it seems like you're trying something different with BF Light installation.

09 September 2010
I've just made it more easy.

From MAXScript Reference:
The OLE-based drag-and-drop system in MAXScript accepts the dropping of MAXScript .mzp zip packages. They can be dropped either from i-drop-enabled web pages or directly from file directories, say from the Windows Explorer or the new MAX Asset Browser.
The main use for this feature is to allow script packages to be dropped into MAX and automatically run, particularly packaged dropScripts. But, since the package can contain files of any kind, it is possible to use it to drop any set of files, say a scene file and its maps & other supporting files, or a new plug-in, etc. The mzp.run control file allows you to set up arbitrary distributions of the files in the package using the extract to, copy and move commands.
-----

So, when you drag-and-drop mzp file from explorer into 3ds max window (any viewport), script extracts and copies all needed files from mzp package into appropriate directories of 3ds max. In BonyFaceDemo user have to do this by himself.

09 September 2010
bonyface script

For some reason the MZP would not load. I'm using Max 2010 64 bit on windows 7.
i successfully installed manually changing the mzp part of the directions:

manual installation:
1. Drag and drop file BonyFaceLight_v2.0 and BonyFaceLight folder into max 2010/ui/macroscripts (add bipmaps to "Icons" folder in ui)
2. Go to Customize\Customize User Interface\Toolbars, and create new toolbar.
3. Select "ScriptAttack" from Category list and drag label "BonyFace v2.0 Light" to your toolbar. The button will be created there.

I don't know shy the MZP did not work and still will not work (I'm wondering if it windows 7)but I have everything up and it looks good.

Thanks for a great script. Can't wait to purchase the full V.2.

10 October 2010
Eye ball orientation

Just one more question with BonyFace that plagues me. Since Max is a Z-up axis program, why does BonyFace, a Max plugin, require a Y-up axis for the characters eyes to rig properly?

10 October 2010
local Z-axis is used as line of view in most cases (BonyFace is one of such cases). Learn about local axes, pivot point, etc.

10 October 2010
Yea, Just align pivot to object. Couldn't remember that.

10 October 2010
new videos

Added some videos of BonyFace 2.0
Check links here: http://www.scriptattack.com/maxscri.../index_eng.html

12 December 2010
BonyFace 2.5

Version 2.5 is coming soon.

What's new:
1. Now the algorithm of spline alignment based on some points was picked by user, so you can align splines much more faster.
2. Rig was improved: lip controls are moved on curved trajectory now, vertices at the center of lips are squashed and stretched correctly.
3. No more scale of poses list in mixer mode so you always have 14 sliders, each slider opposite to appropriate item.
4. Some minor improvements and bugfixies.

12 December 2010
purchase via PayPal, credit cards and etc.

Finally i did it. Now you can use PayPal or credit cards to purchase complete version.

reply share thread