Thinking Particles

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 04 April 2010   #16
Hay Hristo ,
I actually had to do a dirty hack for the shot in end..not to happy with it...

but at the time I tried to take one of captainReds tube flow scene and make rays be shot out from all sides. but that was a bit advanced for me as i tried to do it with vectors rather than the scalar Z value.

Ideally i just want the particles to follow a dummy on a path and attract or push from the dummy's position over time. Any ideas?

B-Movie

Old 04 April 2010   #17
Following the dummy is done with the follow node, and attraction/repulsion you can do with a force node. You can animate, connect, whatever.

Old 04 April 2010   #18
Can you elaborate please?
sorry but just saying use the follow node and force node doesn't help me at all. Unless im missing something really simple in front of me, this set up has to be a lot more involved.

The particle are moving along a spline, with a ruffly set volume based on the surface emitters size. As the particle travel through out the spline the particles position get closer to the spline while still retaing the shape of the spline. Just as if you put a cylinder sweep and taper to the spline, the particles should retain that same volume.

I attached a max file showing what the volume should resemble, along with the a ruff system that is following a dummy on a spine with bubble motion,as i want the particle to have abit of turbulence.

The place where I am stuck is that the particles are artacting to where the dummy is not was.

Am I missing something here?

Attached Files
File Type: zip PathFollowTapering_Max2009.zip (21.8 KB, 28 views)

B-Movie

Old 04 April 2010   #19
Run some guide particles along the spline. Spawn the other particles around them, make them follow their guide (with referencing), and apply some force, at the position of the guide - it will attract to it.

Last edited by Glacierise : 04 April 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Old 05 May 2010   #20
added the Cebas YouTube Tutorials link

B-Movie

Old 06 June 2010   #21
Making popcorn and getting ready to sit down with the new Eat3d DVD from Hristo.

Old 06 June 2010   #22
Damn you beat me to it Anyways:

http://eat3d.com/tp4_intro

Finally! Enjoy! I plan to finish part 2 soon so it should be released by the end of July!

Old 06 June 2010   #23
Excellent work, I highly recommend it.
Looking forward to part 2!

Old 06 June 2010   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierise
Damn you beat me to it Anyways:

http://eat3d.com/tp4_intro

Finally! Enjoy! I plan to finish part 2 soon so it should be released by the end of July!

Finally!Finally!.. ....contrats mate, darn I was starting to wonder, funny I just got into TP a short time ago, really short time. I could not fine many good tuts, now I'm overwelmed. I will be making a large pot of java to go with this. Thanks Hristo

Lets get with it CGTALK where is our sticky for TP?????????

Old 06 June 2010   #25
Good stuff Hristo
Just finished watching the DVD

Really helped improve my understanding of normalizing values, Enjoyed your techniques.

I hope the 2nd DVD is chalk full of all the new TP4 Fragmenting and volumbreaker nodes

B-Movie

Old 06 June 2010   #26
Lots of that, and a lot more Cheers guys!

Old 06 June 2010   #27
hehe, good news! cant wait man.

Just playing with the new volumebreak node right now
Doing some Re-Fragmenting with it...goodtimes.
The new SC seem faster , any of ya 2012 guys have any tips for all the new joint stuff?

B-Movie

Old 06 June 2010   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadSmell
any tips for all the new joint stuff?

Too many We've been doing very interesting stuff with the joints, there will be a lot about them on the DVD

Old 06 June 2010   #29
Hristo

Your DVD looks awesome! (from the screenshots) Could I ask if any of it can be followed using TP3, if yes i shall be buying it as I have tried to learn TP but there isn't much material out there

Thanks!

Old 06 June 2010   #30
You definitely can. It's usually mentioned when a feature is new from TP4, and most of the new features are covered in the 2nd DVD. So - no problem

Last edited by Glacierise : 06 June 2010 at 08:31 PM.

reply share thread