RayFire Tool

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2007   #31
Originally Posted by mir-vadim: Hi, All. Here are another small update, which makes workflow more comfortably. Now RayFire can save and load settings, push Save button and it create rayFireSettings.ini file on C:/ (fix this later) with all spinner`s values. Change some parameters, push Load Button and it restore all parameters back.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13365751/RayFire_Tool_v03.rar.html

too many users download it right now...that´s what rapidshare tells me :( if you like i can host it for you, drop me a PM if you like.

great update tho! i´ll check it definetly out later on when i´m able to download it

kind regards

anselm

Last edited by PsychoSilence : 01 January 2007 at 08:00 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #32
Double post. Problem with server.

Last edited by mir-vadim : 01 January 2007 at 09:03 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #33
Thanks for help, but looks like now its work.
Sorry for my mistake but before use script rename it from
"RayFire Tool v.03" to "RayFire Tool v03.ms". My bad.

Last edited by mir-vadim : 01 January 2007 at 09:06 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #34
Hey, Mir!

Very impressive stuff, specially for only been using maxscript for three or four months!
Keep the good work, I will be around checking for any new videos

Old 01 January 2007   #35
Originally Posted by mir-vadim: Thanks for help, but looks like now its work.
Sorry for my mistake but before use script rename it from
"RayFire Tool v.03" to "RayFire Tool v03.ms". My bad.

no prob!

always glad to help out.

kind regards

anselm

Old 01 January 2007   #36
Save/Load settings good idea

Would it be possible to pick a gun that is already been made instead of create a new one every time you run the script?

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 01 January 2007 at 05:19 AM.

Old 01 January 2007   #37
Gun Shoot from plane`s 5th vertex. You can create your own plane if you want, but it must have more then 4 vertex.

Old 02 February 2007   #38
Hi All, three days ago I finally decided to realize my idea with holes (holes in holes in holes..)
and I just do not believe my eyes what can do RayFire now. Total destruction come to Max, now you can completely destroy object peace by peace, you can create holes as deep as you want.
There are no predefined holes and new fill objects, as in previous version of RayFire.
All holes appears on fly, you can move timeslider back and forward and see how holes appears and disappears. Target object get additional geometry on fly. Also you can define what material will be in holes and use target object as deflector for debris to get really cool effect ( some debris stay in holes, then falling down in new holes ...), in video I use only ground as deflector.
New feature works only on Max 9, and if you shoot more then 30 bullets can really slow down your system, only way to work is to hide target object, but it is not a problem. In my video I used 91 shoots.
Scene rendered with Vray, Gi Engine: Irradiance map, Mode: Incremental Add to current map, preset: medium animation, and as you can see there are no any flickering.
Dust rendered with AfterBurn on second pass.
Fire created with FumeFX
Strongly recommend to download video below.
Tomorrow I will share new RayFire update for public.

http://rapidshare.com/files/1534260...l_0_04.rar.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg column0306.jpg (58.1 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by mir-vadim : 02 February 2007 at 04:03 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #39
Holy S**T that was cool! Nice work!

Old 02 February 2007   #40
That.... is sooooo cool.

Old 02 February 2007   #41
And as I promissed, here are the script.
How to use new feature: choose Pro(Max9) checkbox and optionally lights, debris, smoke or bullets. Create gun and pick it, next pick target( object which you want to destroy),
In holes option choose object(which will cut target object) with material which will be inside destructed object. move gun dummy to target, optionally create animation. Push create button, Thats all. Don`t forget save scene because I didn`t add ability to delete new object yet, and if you reload your scene don`t forget pick all objects again.

Last edited by mir-vadim : 01 January 2008 at 03:19 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #42
That's very, very nice.

I'd love to see one of these implement support for cloth - I guess using PBomb as a trigger for bullet impacts?

Of course, then you'd want to be able to completely tear cloth, which Cloth doesn't support at the mo (at least not directly)

- Steve

Old 02 February 2007   #43
Sorry, but I don`t uderstand you, RayFire doesn`t use any cloth and PBomb, it use Proboolean for holes and PArrays for debris and dust.

Old 02 February 2007   #44
He's saying that in future it would be nice to see rayfire be able to shoot through cloth. So you can have bullet holes in clothing etc.

I'm not sure what you're meaning with the particle bomb though Steve? Sounds interesting though!

Old 02 February 2007   #45
Hi,

yeah, I meant it would be great if it could do that in future (say you wanted to simulate a flag being shot), Pbomb was an idea as to how it might work if there was a 'shoot cloth' option within it.

In fact, cloth can give some pretty good results for simulating metal getting torn (like a shell hitting the side of a vehicle). I used edit poly/split edges on areas that I wanted the hole to be, simulated cloth on that area and used point cache to slow down/halt the simulation so it became rigid after the initial explosion.

Cheers,

- Steve

reply share thread