RayFire Tool

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2007
Maybe mesh density not enough, but anyway thanks, I will check this today.

01 January 2007
thanks for the tool! however, I'm unable to make any afterburn smoke effects (yes, I have afterburn). The displacement works fine, the bullets are nice too. Can you send a screenshots with the settings for afterburn?

01 January 2007
Great tool so far! I will check it out when i´m back from work.

maybe james and you go into a huddle to create some uber-tool?!?

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by PsychoSilence: maybe james and you go into a huddle to create some uber-tool?!?

yeah, you guys should really talk about it.

01 January 2007
That would be cool, but tough to pull off. We're taking difference approaches, and it would be pretty hard to synch up time-wise. But it's really interesting to see how two different people tackle the same tool.

01 January 2007
MMMMMNNN Uber-Tool

Nice job mir-vadim some more fun:P

Ya know what would be nice for both tools? A scene cleaner, something that removes all the elements added by the script. I don't know how big a pain in the butt it would be but it should would be handy.

Is it possible to instance the parray's?

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 01 January 2007 at 09:13 PM.

01 January 2007
Thanks guys, it`s good idea to work with James, but I`m not so experienced scripter as he.
Just go to his site and check script section, there are tons of scripts, for all life situations.
My script much more simple then Winchester FX, I even did not use any functions.
And also its eat so much time. I want to start create reel after two weeks, and right now prepare myself, learning FumeFX, AfterBurn, PFlow, PFtrack, Fusion... That's why I wrote RayFire, and now it satisfy my requirements. If you find some bugs I will try to fix it, but for now I will stop add any other features.
to JohnnyRandom: yes it is possible, I will try to fix this when I have free time.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by mir-vadim: Thanks guys, it`s good idea to work with James, but I`m not so experienced scripter as he.
Just go to his site and check script section, there are tons of scripts, for all life situations.
My script much more simple then Winchester FX, I even did not use any functions.
And also its eat so much time. I want to start create reel after two weeks, and right now prepare myself, learning FumeFX, AfterBurn, PFlow, PFtrack, Fusion... That's why I wrote RayFire, and now it satisfy my requirements. If you find some bugs I will try to fix it, but for now I will stop add any other features.
to JohnnyRandom: yes it is possible, I will try to fix this when I have free time.

you sell yourself underprice it´s a great tool! james is a great scripter but that changes nothing to the fact that you did hell of a good job just wanted you to know that. evolve that tool.

kind regards

anselm

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by PsychoSilence: you sell yourself underprice it´s a great tool! james is a great scripter but that changes nothing to the fact that you did hell of a good job just wanted you to know that. evolve that tool.

kind regards

anselm

I agree

01 January 2007
Vadim, I was wondering if you did any other programming before you started scripting in Max. Your code is very well organized, not like mine which is pretty sloppy.

01 January 2007
Thanks, for your support, PsychoSilence. But I just want to explain, why I Can`t evolve RayFire right now and in near future, later of course I will evolve RayFire further. Planning to do it more destructively, first bullet cutoff one peace of mesh, second cutoff peace behind first peace, and each peace destruct on other smaller peaces and falling down.
to James: No, I absolutely don`t now anything about programming and scripting three month ago, well now its four already. But writing script so absorbing work, I just can`t stop myself when I starting write it.

Last edited by mir-vadim : 01 January 2007 at 11:53 PM.

01 January 2007
Hi All, here are small update, specially for JohnnyRandom. Today I add Delete button, and now I just don`t understand why I didn`t do it earlier, it is so comfortably. Pay attention that button works only after you create something. For example, you create lights and smoke, if you want to delete lights, you turn off smoke checkbox and push Delete and delete only lights, tune light parameters and create only lights again, after that you can not delete smoke. I Will try to fix this later, but even now its much more comfortably.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13219138/RayFire_Tool_Final_06.rar.html

01 January 2007
great update! such a useful addition!!!

if you just started scripting hang in there. you got talent and skills

you told us about creating a reel. unbelievably keen on what you suprise us with

kind regards

anselm

01 January 2007
very nice thanks, it is a great help to be able to remove and redo objects/settings.

Cheers!

01 January 2007
Hi, All. Here are another small update, which makes workflow more comfortably. Now RayFire can save and load settings, push Save button and it create rayFireSettings.ini file on C:/ (fix this later) with all spinner`s values. Change some parameters, push Load Button and it restore all parameters back.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13365751/RayFire_Tool_v03.rar.html

reply share thread