FumeFX Burn modifier (WSM)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
FumeFX Burn modifier (WSM)

Cheers to all.

So, is there are a way to make emit (fire) from the Fumefx burn modifier (vertex paint)?
I succeeded using this modifier. I see black parts where my fumeFX fire touches it. And is working great.

Now I wonder, is there a way to start emitting (another) fire from the object that have Fumefx Burn modifier?
You know.. like fire "caches" on the new object.

I've tried using volume select modifier, with "vertex color" selected (the idea was that I invert selection and then delete it with modifier), but didn't succeed, because Fumefx Burn modifier is world space, and my Volume select modifier always ends up bellow it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10 October 2013   #2
It is a multi stage process, create your burn map (ie Add the FumeFX Burn WSM), add a vertex color map to the object, render/bake it out the texture, then use the new map in a new texture on your emission geometry.

EDIT: IIRC seems I remember if you wanted the map animated you had to use a script...

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 10 October 2013 at 11:22 PM.

Old 10 October 2013   #3
you can try emit fire from texture so in object emiter you pick you object and in fuel rolout you will putt vertex color map, but maybe you need to play with material id (the vertex color should have id 0)

Old 10 October 2013   #4
Originally Posted by larex: you can try emit fire from texture so in object emiter you pick you object and in fuel rolout you will putt vertex color map, but maybe you need to play with material id (the vertex color should have id 0)

Cool, I tried this years ago and was only able to get it to work through baking the map out.

I did this forever ago with the method I mentioned above:
https://vimeo.com/13624670

Since vertex mapping seems to work proper now, why bother.

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 10 October 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Old 10 October 2013   #5
Tnx guys.

Yeah. It's working, and I discovered it 15 minutes after opening this thread.
As the Larex pointed, I missed to change the map channel in Fumefx object source.
It was 1, and I should change it to 0.

Thanks Johnny and Larex.

Old 10 October 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread