White spots when adding lights to Fume Explosion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
White spots when adding lights to Fume Explosion

Hello all,

I am on this project for a very long time now and still in the same stage as I was 2 months ago. Not able to get into the next level. I have an explosion on scene which I managed to make it look somewhat okay, but the problem is when I add lights it brings white spots on the render. Also the fire is not getting dispersed onto the smoke. Played with multiple scattering settings, still not able to rectify it.

I have the image and also the scene file attached along with this post, somebody please have a look into my scene file and advice me what setting I am really missing. Your help is much appreciated. I really want to get over with this.

Scene file: - Explosion

Thank you.

Old 10 October 2013   #2
It is the caused by the multiple scattering in the smoke.

You should not emit smoke from your fragments, only fuel/temp and sometimes velocity for fire. In this type of a situation you really want your smoke to be created when fuel is burnt.

Old 10 October 2013   #3
Hello Johnny,

In the main explosion, I am not emitting any smoke from the fragments, it is just pflow and while rendering this pic the fragments part was not on too. Here is the one with the fragments which I am starting to like. Your comments on this?

Old 10 October 2013   #4
I just simmed a few frames of the scene file you attached and saw white dots, I checked the sources and they were all emitting smoke, I turned the smoke off, resimmed and they went away. Sorry, I don't know what else to say

Old 10 October 2013   #5
Yes Johnny you are right, but the corresponding particle systems were off. Only the main one which says "BH2 Explosion was on and that doesn't have any fragments on it. I thought you said not to emit smoke from the fragments, and one that was on, was just pflow dots.

Anyway you found it out, let me try the way you did.

How about the second image posted?

Old 10 October 2013   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumchans
How about the second image posted?

It looks pretty decent for a still image. You're getting there, it looks 20x better than the stuff you posted a while back. It should be a pretty cool shot when you get it all done

Old 10 October 2013   #7
Thanks Johnny.

I really cant wait to see the full sequence, its been months on this project now. This image has raised some confidence which I was completely loosing on this project.

Old 10 October 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread