ThinkingParticles5

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
ThinkingParticles5

I've seen the intro to BTVehicle operator on the Cebas site and have reviewed the operator in the manual, but I'm still not sure how it works. To set a vehicle in motion, does the vehicle have to be rigged in Max, or does the BTVehicle operator rig it? Can someone be a little more specific how this works? Thanks.
Quadro FX1800
3ds Max 2011
etc.

Last edited by Bardipper : 09 September 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Hay Richard,
So you have your car and four wheels. You then need to link each wheel to the body, starting with the front left, then front right, back left, finally back right . You would then pick just the body in the vehicle node. repeat for each variation of car you want. Then you have to specify the body and wheels particle group, along with the alignment of the wheels. You can set the speed/suspension and anything else when you first create the cars.

Using the particle input of the vehicle node you can make as many vehicles as you want. the vehicle index input will let you pick which car type per particle, if you have more than one body picked.

TP5 ships with some sample files as well which show some basic set ups. You can have trailers and even have the cars follow along splines

Hope that helps ya out.

B-Movie

Old 09 September 2012   #3
TP5 ships with some sample files as well which show some basic set ups. You can have trailers and even have the cars follow along splines

Hope that helps ya out.[/QUOTE]

Tried following your directions, but still a problem. Do the sample files cover new nodes? I couldn't find any tP5 support files. I've seen the tutorials in Help, but they are not about the new nodes and Edwins intro to the new stuff isn't detailed enough. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Quadro FX1800
3ds Max 2011
etc.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Originally Posted by Bardipper:
Tried following your directions, but still a problem.

So...Whats the problem?

I've never installed the trial version. But I hope there is a TP5 folder in the sample scenes, thats what it ships with. If you cant find the TP5 folder, please email:
info@cebas.com
As that really needs to be updated if not.

I can post a scene tomorrow for you.

B-Movie

Last edited by HeadSmell : 09 September 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #5
Check the TP5 sample files, they have showed you how to make that.

Old 10 October 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread