RayFire Tool

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2013
Is there anyway to cut the object with my own shape with rayfire? Basically to create fragments as I designed them?

03 March 2013
you could easily but your object apart using a custom shape without rayfire.

using boolean, proboolean, or procutter.
I did this when i took a logo and split it into a few hundred blocks.

03 March 2013
Hey guys

I got a scene I'm working on where a Pyramid busts through the ground and stuff. I have the ground all fractured and ready to sim but at around 30% I keep getting a "unknown property composite max vert in MassFX Body:MassFX Rigid Body" error. What am I doin wrong here?

I'm using Max 2012 and Rayfire version 1.57

Thanks

03 March 2013
rayfire depth Levels

Hi guys...I have a question regarding the depth levels...in rayfire..

there are two places that we can set the depth levels for an object one is in the custom rollout and the other is in the demolition properties rollout...even if we specify 2 depth levels in the custom properties but the main one is set to 1 the object is fragmented only once...so is it like the master controller for depth levels...can anybody confirm...???

and also how is the number of frags determined by the depth levels in the demolition properties rollout...we can specify our own in the custom properties...but then again if the demolition properties rollout's one is superseding the custom prop one..how does is work...??
in rayfire 1.55 the custom properties overrode the main ui one..

04 April 2013
You forgot to turn On Custom properties, there is a Big button on top of the rollout.

Clustering groups fragment together, for fragmentation it attaches several fragments into one complex object.
For glue it glue these fragments together.

04 April 2013
IT works

Originally Posted by mir-vadim: You forgot to turn On Custom properties, there is a Big button on top of the rollout.

Clustering groups fragment together, for fragmentation it attaches several fragments into one complex object.
For glue it glue these fragments together.

Thank You it works

04 April 2013
Max Script Error

I am getting the following error in RF 1.61.01
--No ">=" function for undefined
Max 2012 64 bit
All updates installed.
Windows 7 Ultimate
Dell T-7500, 12 cores, 60 GB of RAM

I see this error in the FAQ and it says to make sure you are using the latest build (just installed today)
Thanks in advance for any assistance
David
EDIT: My system indicates PhysX 2.8.3 for 3ds Max should be installed (at least that folder is present on my system.
Is there a newer version I need to download?

www.dustinforensics.com

Last edited by ddustin : 04 April 2013 at 08:30 PM.

04 April 2013
1.61.01 works fine in 2013 but not in 2012..
Any thoughts?
David

www.dustinforensics.com

04 April 2013
Looks like you don't have PhysX plugin for 3ds max installed. Ot you have very old one.
Try this one:
http://mirvadim.com/nv/286/NVIDIA_P...00806.03320.msi
http://mirvadim.com/nv/286/NVIDIA_P...00806.03320.msi

04 April 2013
RAYFIRE multi core

HOW CAN I MAKE rayfire to use all of my core for simulation??? I have been waiting for 20 minutes to start the simulation and my other 7 cores are resting!!! ITS not 1993.. wtf is this??

How can I make it to happen???

04 April 2013
physx

Originally Posted by Dini009: HOW CAN I MAKE rayfire to use all of my core for simulation??? I have been waiting for 20 minutes to start the simulation and my other 7 cores are resting!!! ITS not 1993.. wtf is this??

How can I make it to happen???

have u tried checking 'multithreaded'
in the physX engine settings found in the physX toolbar

04 April 2013
thx

I try it thanks.. however its over

05 May 2013
Question Missing fragments

I'm having a very big problem in Rayfire about the preview. Here are the details:

I'm making a breaking glass, but sometimes after stopping the preview, some parts are frozen like in the last frame of the preview and obviously doesn't come back as the rest of the fragments to the initial state.

Any ideas?

07 July 2013
Rayfire Issue Exploting when Kinematic Object touch

Hi all

I have a tower that is now completed broken, both with cebas volumenbreaker and RayFire, I have all the objects for collide in Dynamic Objects and an animated object that goes from side to side in Kinematic Object. When the object makes contact with fragments, everything explodes, I've tried both turn up and turn down tollerance Collition parameters as Revive dead by velocity and nothing solves the problem. I want the tower is broken to the extent that the animated object moves from left to right and can not find the way to achieve it.

Scene Datas:

3dsmax 2012 sp2
Rayfire 1.61.02
Last Phyx fron Rayfire Site
Everithing EditPoly with Reset Xform Collapsed
Everything is to scaleWindows 7

This are two snapshot from the problem:

Is this same problem http://youtu.be/TTtt-PD5S44 but I follow mir instructions and nothing, same problem very frustrating !!

Please Help

07 July 2013
have you tried to put the objects into the sleeping list and wake them by velocity? OR deactivate static objects and activate them by geometry. use a big sphere and push it inside of the tower where you ant it to fall. OR cache the tower with rayfire cache and only activate what you want to break by light or gizmo.

reply share thread