Spectacular 3D Entry: John Shakespeare

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #16
Originally Posted by shakes: 3dex- I guarantee it'll look cute!

Never a doubt in my mind

Old 09 September 2005   #17
great to have you all here! thanks for the support. I may pass on the 13 year old girl cherub though soapy!!Priscilla was 15 anyway!
I think the cherubs are the go, but on your advice soapy and zenithscope, I'll go for the second pose, and the gun in his belt, or belly!

Old 09 September 2005   #18
Modeling: rough model

this is just a fairly quick mockup of his face, getting the features into position. tomorrow I'll start adding more detail , perfecting the likeness,and getting the mesh right.

Old 09 September 2005   #19
Concept Sketch: final rough sketch

this is the final rough with parts of one and two.
I forgot pills, of course, so I've added another cherub with a jar of ' medicine' !

Old 09 September 2005   #20
I've just realized that I am so far off base with what this render is that it's laughably funny. I thought this was for the C4D Christmas Card challenge. I just couldn't figure out what any of this had to do with Christmas ... DUH!

Well, on that note, this is uber-cool. Love it

HA HA!

Ray

Old 09 September 2005   #21
Hello John! good to see you've entered the challenge! great idea as well, I can't think of anything for the challenge but i'll have fun keeping an eye on your thread.

good luck!

Old 09 September 2005   #22
'Takin' care of burgers' Lol, great start shakes, already hungry for more.

Old 09 September 2005   #23
Haha ! This is looking very cool shakes

Can't wait to see this sketch in 3D, will be a fun project for sure ! Good luck

Old 09 September 2005   #24
Hahah, Heaven has been good to Elvis, hes put on some serious poundage.

Old 09 September 2005   #25
3D_Explorer: too funny ray! hehheh I guess it's not the sort of thing you'd send at christmas when everyone is pigging out!

SpaceTic: HI! thanks for dropping in- good luck with your inspiration

handlebar:heh, he certainly is!! your challenge is looking awseome by the way.

cipher: Hi there,thanks for looking-looks like by your avatar you might be an Elvis fan too!
yep, can't wait to get into the 3d side.

Soaps:cheers mate-yep, they say the streets are lined with gold up there,but at every corner there's a golden arch too!!

time to get into some serious modelling now. I'm tempted to test myself and go a bit more realistic with the modelling and texturing- still humorous and cartoon like, but with a bit more detail than I normally have time for- it's fun having a whole few months.
I've never timed a project from start to finish, but I might do this time just out of curiosity.

about to polish off the head now, and then start the body. To save time, I might copy the head above, and reuse it for the cherubs, modified, as I will to the body before I put clothes on.

still not sure whether to use shave for the hair, or poly hair/ bitmaps- shave is a bit hard to get dead smooth for a bouffant.

cheers, shakes

Old 09 September 2005   #26
Modeling: elvis head mockup

here's the head with more detail. still a little to do on the likeness, but nearly there. I added a quick hairdo- just temporary.

Old 09 September 2005   #27
nice modeling. Funny.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 09 September 2005   #28
Hey shakes That's a stunning mesh mate! I love the flow and subtlety of form

Maybe the nose is a little tame for the rest of his face but it's a little insignificant...

Keep it coming!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 09 September 2005   #29
It really IS Elvis! Very good likeness indeed You have some oddly shaped polys at the side of his nose ridge, causing a sharp edge or fold. Should be an easy tweak though!

/Anders

Old 09 September 2005   #30
authentic: thankyou1

Daddymack- hey sydneysider! thanks, still got a bit of work to go on it, and the nose was a bit rushed. get onto it tomorrow.

hi Anders- thanks- it is lots of fun making Elvis, glad you think the likeness is Ok, and noses, they are a pain to model! revised snoz tomorrow hopefully, with a bit of beer gut action to follow!

Thread Closed share thread