Spectacular 3D Entry: John Shakespeare

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #1
Spectacular 3D Entry: John Shakespeare

John Shakespeare is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Elvis Lives Forever

Last edited by shakes : 09 September 2005 at 03:25 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #2
'Elvis Lives Forever'
(spectacularly!)

Hi everyone, my entry will be Elvis Presley in Heaven, living spectacularly forever! I've always been a big fan, but only the fat 70's Elvis-apart from the fact I love all those soppy power ballads, I thought he was much more real and humanly flawed.plus much funnier to caricature!

I'll have him on a throne, sitting on a cloud, surrounded by cherubs (no memphis mafia-they're in hell where those bloodsuckers belong!) feeding him all his treats- burgers, shakes, fried chicken..you name it! I won't age him, but he will be caricatured much fatter than he was- imagine Sumo wrestling style! I'll base him on a clay sculpture I did years ago.there'll be lots of detail, and rhinestones galore!

look forward to chatting with you all and workshopping this!

shakes

the clay sculpture:

Last edited by shakes : 09 September 2005 at 08:39 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #3
Haha! Now that is a classy concept! Great!

Old 09 September 2005   #4
LOL, that sculpture is killin me! I am happy you decided to enter. It will be great watching your project evolve.

Bring it on..

Old 09 September 2005   #5
Nice sketch, I see he has gun up in heaven. Reminds me of the Cracker song "Can I bring my gun up to heaven."

That sculpture is cracking me up, it looks like he is getting ready to pinch one off.

Old 09 September 2005   #6
Concept Sketch: rough sketch 1

here is the concept sketch.I may fatten him even more, but this should be enough of a guide. Possibly thinking of a small army of cherubs in the distance carrying junk food.

Last edited by shakes : 09 September 2005 at 08:40 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #7
Looks great shakes, not sure it's what I'd want to send my family and friends but ... hey ... that's just me

Old 09 September 2005   #8
Elvis in heaven - now, that's a great conecpt for sure! I see you already have him started in your avatar - this will be fun to follow

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 09 September 2005   #9
Concept Sketch: rough sketch 2

This is my alternative rough , where rather than cherubs I have food with angel wings. I'd be interested to hear which one you all prefer.

Old 09 September 2005   #10
parrot, thanks!

soapy, gotta have the gun in there-prob not very heavenly, but it's an Elvis heaven..and I wanna make a gold plated colt 45 auto!

3dex- I guarantee it'll look cute!

Gunilla, just did that avatar up quickly- the head will look more like the sketch-I just get bored with my avatars really quickly..might make a stunt elvis one, just for the occasion!

Old 09 September 2005   #11
yeah ! I'm happy that you joint us in this spectacular adventure... your concept rock... really... good luck John !
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 09 September 2005   #12
Oh yes, very cool concept! Cherubs or flying food? Hmmm... Difficult, as both approaches would work in the scene - he is in Heaven so the cherubs has a natural place but on the other hand one could easily imagine flying hamburgers there as well!

/Anders

Old 09 September 2005   #13
I definitely like the gun position in the second one better. It is not so much as if he just used it to blow out the TV or something. Or do they show annoying K-tel record commercials in Elvis heaven?

I like the flying food but perhaps the cherubs add a little more interest? Maybe the cherubs should be 13 year old girls? ;-)

"Can I buy you a cadillac little lady..."

Last edited by soapy : 09 September 2005 at 03:58 PM.

Old 09 September 2005   #14
The king is dead, long live the king! Just found your post Shakes, great concept, i like the cherrub idea.

Old 09 September 2005   #15
I like how elvis looks in the version with the flying foods, but the cherrubs are more suiting. Then he also has people to listen to him ramble on about the old days, when he was like, thin and stuff. And... who is gunna pick up the remote if something gets dropped? A flying burger can't do that! =)

Thread Closed share thread