Spectacular 3D Entry: Sabrina Bott

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #61
Hi daWinky. HM! Looks pretty good so far. I'm interested in the textures for your Animal. Looks great. Glad to see some Wire Frames around.

Keep posting. I hope will see your updates soon.

xbo

► MaYa Modeler

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

Old 09 September 2005   #62
Hey really nice work so far! The plesiosaur or whatever it is and the rest of the modeling is looking great. cheers, good luck.

Old 09 September 2005   #63
Hi Sabrina. I liked the modeling of the sea creature, exactly how the concept and the mesh is very clean.Good work so far.

Old 09 September 2005   #64
Originally Posted by daWinky:
@ Lemog:
I have to admit that I had no special animal as a model for my creature -so I don't know if it looks like a Plesausio...whatever. The main thing is, that you like it!

I wanted to make something that is obviously living in the sea, strange but not to fantastic and very important for me: on one hand is has to look large and frightening, on the other hand I want it to look confused and lonely.

So we will see how it fits in the scene...

For sure, I'm so curious to see it uner your scene, well, I think you have made the good choice about its design... it looks "possible", and not as a sci-fi monster... it's finally a monster of our planet... as Nessie

Old 09 September 2005   #65
Hi Sabrina,
thanks for the Reply.
Yeah, ure right the concept seems challenging to say the least. So, I am workin on a "simpler" Version, where I can include all my Modelling Ideas without having to work through the nights till December. Nice Idea with the bird rest
Now to you, that Concept seems great, nicely framed, and your Modelling, clean and neat.
No Crits at the moment.
P.S. If ure using Firefox the link might not work, but if u copy it in the Adress it should work.

Old 09 September 2005   #66
@ 2xbo, soapy, denverbz, lemog, dkHamburg: Thank's again for your motivation!

As soon as I have the time to make the necessary adjustments I will put the creature in the scene, to show a quick shot of the lowpoly version...I'm curious myself!

-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #67
really wonderfool job sabrina! nice and clean wire & super render too, very impressive keep go!

"Rechazando aquel que no combata....
y respetando quien nos sepa respetar"

Old 09 September 2005   #68
Modeling: snapshots

I promised to show soon the creature in the scene, so here are 3 possible perspectives.
Remember that this is all lowpoly and with interim textures...just to show were the scene could go.
It would help me a lot to know wether you like the creature and which version you would prefer!

-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #69
I don't like how the creature is having to face backwards in the first one - although compositionally, it is the most effective. It fills the space the best of the 3. In the other two, the monster is too small so we can't see its details and the giant gap between the two objects makes the picture dull and flat. So I would take the first one but reposition the animal so that it is facing the tower like it is in the 3rd one. Hope that helps. I would also make this scene moonlit with the lighthouse light illuminating the creature as well as the moonlight. It would make it more dramatic that way and the lighting would be much more interesting. Just a thought.

Old 09 September 2005   #70
Hello daWinky, thank you for your comment on my thread, and I'm sorry for not coming to yours sonner, I can see that I really should, you have a beautiful concept and your work is going great.
I agree with the comments of gardogg... and I don't know if you're going to like my suggestion or not, but... I felt that your monster is kind of young, like a child! So... what if he was playing with the lighthouse?... well, not exactly with the lighthouse, but with the light that comes out from there?
Imagine that he comes out from the water every night to play with light... to "eat" the light... he opens his BIG mouth and enjoys to see himself iluminated every time the light passes by him.
I don't know... it's just an idea... That's what I felt. Thanks.

Old 09 September 2005   #71
You certainly have your work cut out for you. I like the lighthouse and the fog - I think you've done a great job capturing the mood there. I would certainly opt for the lighthouse and creature to be background/foreground, since having them at the same distance removes depth and makes the composition weaker. I prefer the lighthouse distant + creature close, but it ultimately depends on what your creature looks like.

Old 09 September 2005   #72
@ garddog: Thank's for your reply . Of course the light will be another and there will be fog and the lighthouse illumination and so on. As I said this is just an early wip to here some opinions about the perspective. And if it seems, that creature is not facing the lighthouse I've made a mistake: this should be so in every version. I will take care of this point!

@ claudio_jordao: Thank's ! What you said is very interesting, because I think you haven't read of my initial idea and what I want to show. If you see that there is a kind of communication between the lighthouse and the creature, then I think the picture works in a particular way...Thinking the creature is young is not so good for me and tells me that there is still a lot of work to do... (and only 70 days left )!

Old 09 September 2005   #73
I like the first camera angle, cause we can see both lighthouse and the sea creature, but for the creature's pose I like the third image, it really looks good the way his tail is coming up on the left side, only thing is if you can rotate the head little bit so that his eyes and jaws will be properly scene and will add more dramma to your final composition, just a suggestion

Otherwise every thing looks cool to me, very nice progress
and cheers to your sea creature hehehehe
Keep up the good work

My art blog

Old 09 September 2005   #74
Moiiiiiiiinnnn daWinky,
na wie laeuft?. Also. I think the 3 Camera works ok, but your Dino you need to pull down because i have the feelling that your Dino is in the Baby's swimming pool, oder?.

Don't show the whole Dino. Just put inside in the watter. Try it.

Viel Spass. Weiter so.

xbo

► MaYa Modeler

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

Old 09 September 2005   #75
good work on water

Thread Closed share thread