Spectacular 3D Entry: Sabrina Bott

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #46
Yap, I read this story too. Very sad one, I'd say. Srange, but it's the only story of Ray Bradbury I liked. And even stranger, image similar to yours was on the cover of the book, maybe artist had the same oppinion.

Anyway I gonna keep an eye on this thread. I'm very interrested. For now I like everything I see here. I really hope you'll be one of the finalists.

MY DWIII WIP

Old 09 September 2005   #47
@ suk-grigorij: Glad that you like my concept!
You said you've seen some illustrated edition of "The foghorn"? I would be very interested in this. Perhaps you have a web-source for a picture of this? I googled befor drawing my concept and found just one illustrated edition that I didn't like. Also quite different to mine. Of course I didn't looked in russian bookshops... !

I still have to make up my mind, if the monster is more pure fantasy, dragonlike, or if I try to base it on real animals, like sea serpents or dinosaurs. Recently I prefer the sea serpent version... we will see.

-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #48
Unfortunately I can't give you a link. I read this book very long time ago. Sorry mate.

What about the design of monster, I'd say that it should look as realistic as possible. I don't think that U need som fantasy elements here. Well, it's just my opinion. And I think, that sea serpent is optimal option.

And I also think that the best idea for your image is to consentrate attention on atmosphere itself. Otherwise there is a danger that all attention will be attracted by monster, while all over elements has the same value for the image.

Terrible sorry for my english.

See ya.

MY DWIII WIP

Old 09 September 2005   #49
Waiting for updates

My art blog

Old 09 September 2005   #50
Looks great ,love your ocean .Keep it up.

Old 09 September 2005   #51
Originally Posted by madshooter: Waiting for updates

And I'm waiting for some spare time !

But seriously, I made up my mind for the monster and I think I can make a little update today.

So stay tuned...

-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #52
Modeling: sea creature

I found a little time for modeling and rigging of a lowpoly sea creature to test scale and poses. So here are the first early WIPs for those who can't wait...
-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #53
Good looking sea creature.

Awaiting your updates.

Old 09 September 2005   #54
Marvellous piece and very inspired... it seem to an Plesausiorus... anyway... it was fantastic... I'm waiting impatienty its textures, good job

Old 09 September 2005   #55
Hey nice idea here ! And the lighthouse and the monster look cool and well created ! Continue !

Old 09 September 2005   #56
Hey sabrina sea creature looks great, very nice job . Clean geometry and wireframe.
Now I am hungry for even more updates hehe just kiding, take your own time and continue giving more cool updates

My art blog

Old 09 September 2005   #57
I agree,

the creature looks very promising but textures and materials are still gonna make a big difference I guess.... have fun painting!

Obi

Old 09 September 2005   #58
the sea looks very nice now and the creature is shaping up nicely... the textures will give it the character the creature needs though... have fun and good luck... i'll be watching your thread...

My online portfolio

Old 09 September 2005   #59
Yap, this monster is exactly I was talking about.

And one more thing. (If you remember the story from the book) the lighthouse should look similar to monster somehow. Well, as I remember, the monster thought that lighthouse is the same kind of monster.

MY DWIII WIP

Old 09 September 2005   #60
@ all: Glad that you like it!

@ Lemog:
I have to admit that I had no special animal as a model for my creature -so I don't know if it looks like a Plesausio...whatever. The main thing is, that you like it!

I wanted to make something that is obviously living in the sea, strange but not to fantastic and very important for me: on one hand is has to look large and frightening, on the other hand I want it to look confused and lonely.

So we will see how it fits in the scene...

@ Obi: Yes, textures and materials will be important and still a lot of work. But for my creature I have a quite clear idea of the material - I want to give it a shiny, wet look and show it is an organic part of the ocean...the other question is to create this material...

@ suk-grigorij: I'm happy that you read the story and have the same idea of the monster . The question of the similar shape is a good point. I already thought of that by putting the lighthouse on this little round island - similar to the thicker part of the creatures corpus. And that they both have a long "neck" must be enough because I need this pose of the creature...And I think that especially the similar voice - the foghorn - is the main attraction for the creature.

Again thank's to all of you for the motivation and the feedback!

-sabrina

Thread Closed share thread