Spectacular 3D Entry: Sabrina Bott

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #31
Thumbs up Awesome!

Hey Sabrina, awesome water in the making there. Love the lighthouse. Can't wait to see the monster... anything like Nessie? Wish you all the best

Old 09 September 2005   #32
not afraid of such a closeup of water? this is a nice angle, but it can be hard to create a clean-looking water, as you cannot fake anything. though, looking at your progress, it looks like you're capable of doing it. now, get us the monsterrrr!

Old 09 September 2005   #33
Hi Sabrina,

The water looks very good and the image is coming together great. Maybe some mist would help out a bit to give the water a better look. Nice job on this.

Old 09 September 2005   #34
Originally Posted by uiron: not afraid of such a closeup of water? this is a nice angle, but it can be hard to create a clean-looking water, as you cannot fake anything. though, looking at your progress, it looks like you're capable of doing it. now, get us the monsterrrr!

If something is looking strange, I can always add a lot of fog...as part of the story . Perhaps I can even hide the monster... .

-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #35
Hi Sabrina. Great work, i liked also of the atmosphere, is very interesting.

Old 09 September 2005   #36
It's coming along neatly, but I think you got better contrast in the concept sketch; now you've got a bit of a grey-ish lighthouse, making the image low on contrast and (for me) less exciting.
Still, .. sea monster! I'll look forward to it.

Old 09 September 2005   #37
Very nice concept, scene looks awesome already Maybe you can cutdown the fog by 10to15%, it will add more contrast to the scene as suggested by The parrot Just a suggestion dont worry too much about the fog rightnow, it also depends on how are you going to light up your scene. Light house looks great.

Waiting for the monster to arise

This scene is gonna look great, I am subscribing this one

Keep up the good work

My art blog

Old 09 September 2005   #38
That's come really better... better camera angle now... for the fog, I thing you must wait after you put the monster and all details in the scene.

The sea is beautiful, just the point of each waves appear a little bit too smoothed... but it's minor.

In any case, good changement in you scene... mood begin to comes... congrats

Old 09 September 2005   #39
This is interesting and the mood is very dramatic. Should come out very nicely.
All my best to you Sabrina.
I'll be waiting to see the monster hehe!

EON
My journey entry
Spectacular
Master and Servant

Old 09 September 2005   #40
it's ccolddd outt there I like it, want to see how moster will show up

Old 09 September 2005   #41
Thank's for your comments and motivation!

For the fog: Yes, there must be a balance between fog and contrast. As Lemog said, I have to fix this later. I think of a more layered kind of fog, but this is a task for post processing...

And it seems that all you people are only waiting for one thing: the monster! So I think I can't get around to start modeling it...next week !

-sabrina

Old 09 September 2005   #42
Very nice concept here Sabrina and your wips here looking very good!
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 09 September 2005   #43
Cool conept, it could be very spectacular. I like the "seaserpent-like" monster there is on the first concept, could be interesting

Old 09 September 2005   #44
Hi daWinky. I like your concept. Just one thing. I think you need another light from the left side from your picture. The Tower looks for me a little bit plane. Don't looks the Tower really like a 3D. Just put a little more contrast. In my opinion .

Good luck daWinky.
xbo

► MaYa Modeler

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

Old 09 September 2005   #45
@ jdd, Nico, and xbo : Thank you for looking here. I need always comments and critics!

Originally Posted by 2xbo: I think you need another light from the left side from your picture. The Tower looks for me a little bit plane. Don't looks the Tower really like a 3D. Just put a little more contrast. In my opinion .
xbo

Yes, the lighting is far away from final and will be an important aspect of the final image. Thank's for the reminder!

-sabrina

Thread Closed share thread