Spectacular 3D Entry: Jim Heathcott

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Fantastic start Soapy, i like the clockwork element.

09 September 2005
Get in your suggestions!

Ok, I was thinking I should have an audience participatory element in this project, so if anyone wants to suggest any celebs, famous personages or any other things to be made into toys please post. Post as many and as wacky of ideas as you like. I am going to try and model the top 3 or so most popular suggestions.

For instance, my own tentative to do list at the moment contains:

Jesus
dancing Skull
Dita
race car driving bear
Terminator (the Arnie one)
John Wayne Gacy
Moby Dick, with the Ahab ride along.
Adolf Hitler
50 foot woman

09 September 2005
like I told you Mary(lin)popins with Alice Cooper for sure will be the bad rock dudes and why not Malcolm X ... a strong contrast between personality and culture...
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

09 September 2005
I think Prins Charles and Camilla could be a pleasant addition.

You have an idea for the scenery yet?

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

09 September 2005
Kenny out of Southpark

09 September 2005
I should mention that you can vote for as many characters as you want and vote as often as you want, but only one vote per celebrity/idea. Lists are welcome. I will prolly take a tally around the end of this month, and start the modeling on the top pick at that time. Meanwhile I have lots to keep me busy.

Right now it is a 4 way tie for the lead, hahah. I will throw down some swing votes if the voting remains this sparse. I get one vote too. Right now I am praying that a gaggle of Donny Osmond fans do not flock in here... :-)

09 September 2005
Ok Soapy here's a few..... Steven Hawikins, Ghandi, The Red Barron + Triplane, Spock (leonard Nimoy), Freud, and any of the UmpaLumpas as long as they don't sing.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Moby Dick tin toy

Moby Dick tin toy. Push down on his tail to make him rock back and forth and watch Ahab's head and limbs loll back and forth...

I guess Moby will need more detail to make the scale feel right?

09 September 2005
Hi Soapy, looking unique and great as always my friend! I'm a little suss on the mouth corner of the whale but understand it might be a style choice...

Btw add my votes for
Kenny, Arnie, Michael Jackson (with bubbles in tow), TAFKAP, Krusty, Shrek, Osama and George Dubya, QE2, Thatcher, Di, Jolie, Thurman (in yellow catsuit from Killbill2), Janet...

Top of my list would be
Thurman (in yellow catsuit from Killbill2)

Good luck Jim, I always find your work refreshing and thoroughly original (bent!)

toe2toe

my 3d prints

09 September 2005
Hey Soapy!

Looking good man! - best of luck - I am looking forward to how your entry develops!

Adam

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

09 September 2005
gosh you're going to be busy soapy!! are you going to use a few basic meshes for the characters and modify them , or each one individually?

here's my faves, some of yours plus a few of mine

hitler
jesus
moby dick
elvis(fat version)
michael jackson
george w
usama bin laden?
medusa
minotaur

such a great idea !

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by DaddyMack: Hi Soapy, looking unique and great as always my friend! I'm a little suss on the mouth corner of the whale but understand it might be a style choice...

I wasn't quite sure whether to build an add on for the jaw or build it in. So I went build in, I the polys are folding funny there I will work on it. Or maybe I will build a seperate jaw. Plus I have to build the fin er flipper? and arms for Ahab.

Originally Posted by shakes: gosh you're going to be busy soapy!! are you going to use a few basic meshes for the characters and modify them , or each one individually?

I will probably recycle some of the meshes once I build them out. But some will probably get fresh starts depending on how unique they are. Plus I think there is going to be a mix of different kinds of toys so that will mean starting from scratch.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Some of those character suggestions are cracking me up.

09 September 2005
just looking at moby/ahab again- love the way you've done them, particularly ahab's pegleg and face!

09 September 2005
Fantastic Soapy

09 September 2005
Modeling: Vinyl critter

I took a rest from tin toys today and decided to model a vinyl creature toy. It is modeled in parts with bones in the wings.

Can anyone guess who it is?

Thread Closed share thread