Spectacular 3D Entry: Geoffrey White

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 3D Entry: Geoffrey White

Geoffrey White is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: FInal Final Image

09 September 2005
Modeling: Female Character

I'm still keeping my mind open about what kind of scene I'll make but I do know that I want a female character to be central in the scene so heres an early version of her.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Modeling Progress on Character

Heres the progress I've made on modeling.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Work on Face

Did some more modeling work on the face.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Face Work

Did some fine touches to the face and added real eyes.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Yet more face work

More Work so tired

09 September 2005
Modeling: Finishing Touches on Modeling

Well I did some more finishing touches on her face, which I hope is starting to look more natural to everyone.

The next step in my plan is to texture map her skin. And After that I'll z brush her.

On the concept I still haven't decided on exactly what to do, I just haven't been able to make a sketch that pops out for me. All I know is I want to have this character be a central part in it.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Work on Skin Shader

I started working on the skin shader. Right now its just a blinn with red colored incandecence, but it doesn't look like skin. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the look of the skin I would appreciate the advice.
Thanks

09 September 2005
Hey man, you've made a promising start.

It looks like your overall proportions are sound, and the face is looking better and better in the lastest posts.

Maybe her arms could be a bit longer and her hips are a bit sharp. The shader doesn't look too bad although it's hard to tell from that render, certainly she is a bit too orange right now.

Good work, any sign of a concept?

09 September 2005
It`s so coll and the model is standard . If U put wireframe here is better .no need to any C .goodluck ...

09 September 2005
Thanks for the responses, I agree with Swamps I think the arms may be a little short. On the hips I'm not sure yet but I'll keep looking to see if they look a little strange. Your Zombie is looking good too, I can't wait to see the end result.

09 September 2005
Modeling: Mesh View of Model

While this model probably won't be used for animation, I would like to design the mesh so that it can easily be animated and deformed. If you look closely at this mesh there are a few n-gons and triangles in spots where objects that require more polys like hands and feet connect to parts with less polys. I don't know if this is acceptable, but it seems like it would be ok as long as the triangles and N-gons are in spots that won't affect deformation.

Anyway I'm just a student trying to get into the industry and I want to make sure I do everything right, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I can do things better I'm all ears.
Thanks for the Help!

09 September 2005
Modeling: Fully Body view

Today I focused on adding more details to the body.

09 September 2005
Rendering: Added a Skin shader to the model

I added a subsurface scattering shader to the model, the next thing I'm going to do is create a skin pore texture.

09 September 2005
Rendering: More work on the skin shader

I did a little more work on the skin shader today, the only problem I'm having with this shader is it doesn't do real well with bump maps. If anyone know of a good sub surface scattering shader I would appreciate it if they tell me about it.
Thanks

Thread Closed share thread