Spectacular 3D Entry: Chih-Han Hsu

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #1
Spectacular 3D Entry: Chih-Han Hsu

Chih-Han Hsu is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Leviathan _ final image

Old 09 September 2005   #2
Hi everyone! It starts again~ I've been waiting quite a while for this challenge now I'm also just started working as a juniour and gotta travel far to work too, so i'm not even sure if i got time to finish this one anyway i'm gonna give it a shot, it'll be fun. At work people use maya, max and zbrush. And since i've been thinking of learning maya i might make use this challenge to learn it. Might learn zbrush too, lol maybe that's a bit too much to learn .

I haven't really thought about an idea yet, hopefully somehting spectacular.

I really look forward to this and i hope to see some cool artwork from everyone.

Old 09 September 2005   #3
Hi hhssuu, good luck mate I really enjoyed watching your M+S evolve and look forward to seeing what you do here...

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 09 September 2005   #4
Hi , how are you , long time no see, I remember your emotional entry from MS , hope you bring it here again!

Old 09 September 2005   #5
Hi Chi-Han, good to see you enter again. Good luck and have fun!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 09 September 2005   #6
hey chi... good luck dude. looking forward to some good work!

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 09 September 2005   #7
Good luck in this challenge

Old 09 September 2005   #8
Hi Chi-Han,
Thats good news about your job, sounds like you have some nice tools at the new job.
I look forward to what you come up with .

Old 09 September 2005   #9
hi everyone thanks for the warm welcomes, sorta busy atm :( still haven't got any good ideas yet, hopefully i'll have an cool dream and gimme some ideas soon. Anyway it's nice you see you all, i can't wait to get started. Cya.

Old 09 September 2005   #10
May your inspiration hit you like a giant wave mate good luck!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 09 September 2005   #11
I've been thinking and had many ideas but none seem to be very original. Except i have one sorta really strange one, i donno if it actaully fits to be spectacular.

I had a dream once that i was waken up by someone banging on my front door, i ran out early in the morning and it was a neighbour of mine, a greek guy, a sorta big guy in a singlet. He rushed to get me out of the house, wanting to show me something. I ran out with him, and i saw thousands of birds (cocatoos i think) taking over the neighbourhood. I stared at them for a few second then realised they started flying towards us. The greek guy had a sling shot in he's hand and begain shoting at them, i had no weapon and began to run away...

This is really weird, although i sorta like the story, i might do this as an image if i think of nothing else. I would have to some how spice up the image to make it spectacluar though... please let me know what you think

Old 09 September 2005   #12
Well, thousands of birds taking over the neighbourhood sounds pretty spectacular to me!
Now, go and make some sketches of it

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 09 September 2005   #13
Hi Gunilla, yer i should get started i sorta thought of another idea, doing a spectacular whale hunting scene. It seem quite impressive to see tiny man taking on the powers of the great ocean and a giant whale in crazy weather. But this will be such a rendering job though... sorry to keep people waiting i should be more definate soon

man i'm not very snappy with my ideas am i...

Old 09 September 2005   #14
ok i decided finally, i'm doing a spectacular whale hunt, the traditional little boat dagerous way. Simple idea but should be a fun idea to play with. I haven't even checked if anyone else is doing it, i hope not. There should be sketches soon yeah~

Old 09 September 2005   #15
Concept Sketch: concept sketch

This is a quick sketch of my idea, i'm doing a whaling scene with a massive sperm whale. I think i would be cool to have the whale in rage with roped harpons stuck on the whale and lifting the boats and putting hte crew in danger. I sketch is a little dodgy atm, the details of the boat and crew etc is not decided yet, just a general feel atm. I should have better pictures later on. Feel free to comment thanks :)

Thread Closed share thread