Spectacular 3D Entry: Maciej Frolow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #16
Hi Maciej! I think your concept looks really good so far - it's quite hard to get a feel of the size of the monument right now but I'm sure when you add some people it will be much more impressive.
Difficult choice of the camera angle... I think the left is more dramatic and the right is more in harmony... I suggest you try it out later when you got more in place. I like the lighting you got so far - this can become really stunning

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 09 September 2005   #17
Getting the framing

The framing, shadow and light, contrast will really determine how this one turns out. I love the concept. I would consider putting the camera at a skewed angle.

Old 09 September 2005   #18
very interesting concept ! very proising landscape and situation !
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 09 September 2005   #19
Arrow

jddog thanks a lot

HammaJamma
thx, I will make that scene at dusk/dawn mood with high contrasts, long shadows, light in windows etc... For the camera angle thanks for the suggestion, maybe I`ll try some helicopter skewd view

Gunilla thank you, glad to read you like this idea, the size of the monument will not maybe be soo huge ... I want that we can see some cars in the forground at readable size...

Also I`m thnking about few waterfalls which could look great on few sides...

Old 09 September 2005   #20
Concept Sketch: Refining sketch & camera angle

I have experimented with many camera angles and I think this one is interesting... I will have much more to model (an entire city in the background) but this makes the challenge better :)

I will improve alot all the fault beacause it not looks always verry clear.

I`m thinking also about few planes passing on the forground... mabe with some smoke like for a national anniversary.. maybe the opening of this big building...

Old 09 September 2005   #21
Great job

Looking very promising... The camera angle is much better and far more interesting!

Old 09 September 2005   #22
looking really good man... but one thing do u think the earth near the clif can support a monument of that scale?... but who knows mayb ur thinking of somwthing way ahead in the future when everything is possible... keep goin... ur looking good

Old 09 September 2005   #23
aweome concept. this would make a very good image. i'll be watching

Old 09 September 2005   #24
Hi, nice lighting and camera angle, it looks like sunset.
I think it works well for the environment.

Old 09 September 2005   #25
i liek your idea its very true about humans always trying to be above 'earth' but we always realise at the end of the day the earth is way above us..nature is powerful so i'd really like to see how you use in your images natures strength and mans strength.. very cool dude.. looking forward to it

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 09 September 2005   #26
Really interesting idea, I will keep up with this forum holla!

Old 09 September 2005   #27
That seems to be a good idea with a spectacular view...

Old 09 September 2005   #28
with th enew building the scale not is very expressive and dinamic !
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 09 September 2005   #29
Arrow

jddog errr thanks but I don`t get... it is expressive or not?

Lemog merci, I would to have one day a spectacular idea too this one is "just good" lol

beelow thx, feel free to visit anytime

Neeno thank you, yes I`m thinking to put also few bridges to enhance the human presence

scorpion007 thx, yes it is... warm colors and long shadows works good here

joshcxa glad you like it, thx

overcontrast thx, I think the rock is just verry hard here so there is no problem about construction... fault forces was enough strong to crash this but you can now build on without risk... of course to the next earthquake

HammaJamma thank you, hope this angle adds enough dynamics to the image... if not I will definitly add some planes passing... I have to build a movment in this composition

Old 09 September 2005   #30
Originally Posted by Nomad:
Lemog merci, I would to have one day a spectacular idea too this one is "just good" lol

Well mate... "spectacular" also depend with the realization... in this challenge, we can't see only originals ideas... Why ? our imagination only depend of our culture, skill... nothing to create... all to change

Thread Closed share thread