Spectacular 3D Entry: James Kaufeldt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #61
Hey Wabbit,

Nice to see you man! Fun is checked on my list! You're a proof of it!
So time to crash our RAMs!

T

Old 09 September 2005   #62
rattlessssssnake: Hey dude! So how's Mexico this time of the year then?

Tyrone: Yep, blocking everything out with low poly stuff is the way to go.... will happen soon. Besides, it makes it easier to set up lights too. I've used such a "proxy approach" ever since the GSO challenge, and it works really well.

Julien: Haha, I've actually made some changes that might allow a few wabbits in the scene. Not giant ones though, but regular size.

Grin3D: Yep, the 3D translation will be trickier... I've thought about it before, how to get a sketchy unordered quality into 3D - maybe this is the time to try it.

Dimitris: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tentacles!

All other posters:

EDIT: Tremo! Hi dude!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Update coming below:

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 09 September 2005   #63
Concept Sketch: #4 : Less is more

Some more thinking... and a graphic design approach; i.e. removing everything that does not contribute to the core impact of the concept.

So, I keep the road (for vanishing point), and the streetlights (for the same reason, and scale/distance reference) and add one single guy, running really fast to get to his car (to provide an emotional attachement) - and then basically drop everything else.

Reminds me of that Hitchcock (?) movie where Cary Grant (?) is being chased by a small airplane....

xenomata

Old 09 September 2005   #64
sounds great.....

can't wait to see it

Old 09 September 2005   #65
Great concept. I like it a lot.

Russel

Old 09 September 2005   #66
Thats great man..i like the composition. you have a talent for that. I was thinking along the same lines with the plane crash, seems there are so many of them recently, reference wont be a problem. hope you get it all completed.
good luck

Old 09 September 2005   #67
Above quoted for agreement. This comp looks really good - Where is it taking place?
Will it be a Hitchcock style scene from the forties in B&W? ...

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 09 September 2005   #68
Thumbs up very good concept

this is a very broad subject for the comp and i know there will be some amazing artwork to go along with it good luck and keep art alive

Old 09 September 2005   #69
totally agree with that... "less is more"... the whole with a camera a little less wise perhaps

Old 09 September 2005   #70
There you go, that's spectacular enough. I allow you to continue with that idea

Old 09 September 2005   #71
Agree with Lemog , if what he meens is to go a bit closer and show the ship Bigger...it will have greater impact i thing if it doesn't show 100%...i think

Old 09 September 2005   #72
stripe - Thanks, after having made a lot of compositional mistakes in the not-so-distant past, I've come to terms with the fact that it really has to be roughly sorted out as early as possible.

Gunilla - Location: A place that looks like Arizona. It's funny really, considering I've never been there... but I like the look of it. Going black/white for the final sounds like a bold choice, but very tempting as well. I might play around with that during the final post adjustments... or maybe go for B/W + one accent colour, like orange or red or something... could be pretty nifty perhaps

Lemog, Dimitris - I can always fiddle with the cropping later on... but you're right about a slightly tighter look.

coCoKNIght - Thanks, it's safe to move on then?

All ye others - Stay tuned

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Updates postponed for a few hours. Still trying to come to terms with this here Wacom thingy... only used it for two days now, and it still feels a bit slippery, although without a doubt 100 times better than the old mouse... if only I could draw as well, then the concepts would probably even look good

xenomata

Old 09 September 2005   #73
Attaching myself to your thread. Great concept so far.

Old 09 September 2005   #74
Hey mate...Mexico city is a little rainy these days...but nothing major...just horrible traffic jam because rains...

ok about your sketch..i like the new shot ...

Old 09 September 2005   #75
miketche - Hi ya!

Lescale - Ah, could be worse than heavy raining then I guess - and thanks for the idea you sent me, I'll see what could come out of it

------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing major happening right now, just gathering some reference material:

xenomata

Thread Closed share thread