Spectacular 3D Entry: Johann Rantzau

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
The wrap came out good. And I like the detail of the cannon model. Don't forget to redo your concept sketch with your new idea. And I'd love to see a more refined image of the concept sketch with more details. Keep up the hard work.

Quote: but i`m going to bed now, its 2 o`clock in the morning here. good night...

Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't sleep!

09 September 2005
That cannon is SWEET!

I can't criticize that, are you crazy? How did you make the dark bronze looking texture for the cannon? You are off to an AWESOME start. You've earned going to bed!

BTW, its 9:35pm here. That's so weird how different our times are. lol

09 September 2005
Hi Johann, nice job.
I'm sure that will be a great scene. Good luck

09 September 2005
Nichod: i know, but i want to get going with the modeling. i`m still not quite sure about the final scene. i`m going to change the focus to a massive cavalry charge breaking through...

Gardogg: thanks it`s a simple 512x512 dark metal texture with a little bit of rust, a procedural turbulence map for bump and reflection....

denverbz: thanks, we will see how much time i will be able to invest in this scene. i have to lern for university

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=273568

09 September 2005
Why not stick with your current concept. Only rework it. Have the scene be of a cannon crew and the surrounding soldiers being impacted by the opposing forces cannonball. Soldiers being tossed around, smoke and dirt crashing into the air and of course pieces of the cannon flying around.

09 September 2005
mh. sounds interesting. but i wanted to catch this rage and force of a charging cavalry unit. their impact can be much more spectacular than a cannonball. i want to have bodies and wooden splinters adn all sorts of stuff flying around. but i`ll have to think about your idea,too. thank you !

09 September 2005
cool texture mennnnnn

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by Zongo: Gardogg: thanks it`s a simple 512x512 dark metal texture with a little bit of rust, a procedural turbulence map for bump and reflection....

Thanks for the tip. Whatever you did on that texture, it looks sweet.

Keep up the good work and I like the sound of where you are heading with this. I think that many of the ideas that have been suggested can ALL be implemented for additional spectacularness. That means you can throw in a cannon ball knocking down a few guys, a horse leaping over/through the fence, and the calvarymen bull rushing with one guy thrusting his bayonnet so furiously through his opponent that he lifts the opponent several feet from the ground. These ingredients would combine to make QUITE an image.

Just my two cents

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: Sketch Update

Sketch Update: i changed the focus to the cavalry charge. a lot more infantry will be added to make it a major battle. the camera angle isn`t final, a better one could make the picture much more spectacular. do you have any ideas :)?

09 September 2005
that becomes great.
i would test how it looks like when you go closer an on eye level with the cam.
grin3d

"When there's no more room in HELL the dead will walk the EARTH" [Dawn of the Dead]

09 September 2005
Wow, you are working fast and good! I'm curious about your next update...

-sabrina

09 September 2005
Modeling: Camera Angle Test

These are the barricades. The textures aren`t final, i`m not quite sure how to texture the ground. at the moment it`s a 4000x2000 map, but it might run me into memory problems. is it possible to use a procedural map? or does it not have enough detail?

09 September 2005
Very nice terrain Zongo.

Good luck

Demetris

09 September 2005
Why do you have a terrain texture that big ?

From the scale of the scene i would say you don't need that since the objects and characters are big enough. If you would have a scene with a terrain in 3D scale lets say 1 km
than you would need a large texture to cover it.

I hope i helped

Demetris

09 September 2005
Wow, the grounds look realistic and perfect.
http://www. pictoverse.com
Himmapan Project

Thread Closed share thread