Spectacular 2D Entry: Damian Bajowski

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2005   #16
Coloring WIP: black hawk down

Thanks for feedback. Added some neons and wokred a bit on the shops in background. Also my first attempt to draw a car in motion in foreground -not something I'm happy with, but hope the second attempt will be better :)

Old 11 November 2005   #17
Oh WOW!

This is moving right along! Looking forward to seeing more.

Old 11 November 2005   #18
Looks great, though I think it would help if the chopper had something to bring out its silhouette more, maybe a bit more rim-lighting.

Good luck.

Old 11 November 2005   #19
cooool

quality dude

Old 11 November 2005   #20
Coloring WIP: black hawk down

@ChrisThatGuy: yes I know what you mean.

Hope It's better now. Added some blue ambient light to make background cooler and brought heli more to front. Now it's time to really focus on the heli and make it more defined..plus some changes on tarmac texture..

Old 11 November 2005   #21
hi man! I must say that the previous stage had a more chaotic and destruction impact to the viewer (from my point of view) coz u didnt polished things so much. I like raw style of paintings for that kind of action images and u had it all there. Also that blue light on the left disturbes me a bit, coz it pushes into the first plan and is taking the interest from the main point - chopper. I really dont know what to suggest how to go on, but I had to say that the previous submission was better in my opinion. keep going!

DW V 2d

Old 11 November 2005   #22
A little something for punch

Youre rendering is impressive. I love your use of color and light as well as texture. What I think this piece needs to really place the viewer in the scene is some people. How would they react to such an event? It can't be that desolate can it?

Nice work. I'll watch this one.

-R

Old 12 December 2005   #23
Great lighting. Love your style Damian. Your work is one of the best in this challenge. Good luck man.

Old 12 December 2005   #24
Damn you´re good!
I agree with Blaz that it looked better when it wasn´t so polished. Allso I think the policecar is taking up too much space, blocking the depth of the street.
But hey, this looks fantastic.
Keep going!

Old 12 December 2005   #25
hello moto , i should say - "mime" and everything clear! just wow, geat technique and colours, but You always have great colours Good luck!!! bye

Old 12 December 2005   #26
Final Coloring: black hawk by night

thanks for comments. Yes I know that more polished version lost impact of the rough sketch, but to be honest have no idea how to polish things without loosing that "something". Added some space behind police car. There'll be some people around for sure -on the next (final) update.

Old 12 December 2005   #27
Final Image: black hawk down

Ok, here's the final Image. Hope you like it.

And some story behind, required by the organizers:
I just wanted to catch that interesting moment when suddenly, something unexpected, is falling down from the sky in the middle of city street. I chose the night time becouse I think that city by night looks very spectacular in general (with all those lights and reflections).

That's all, thamks for watching an support. Hope you enjoyed it, see ya in next challenge ;)

Old 12 December 2005   #28
Scarf

hi hi

I am particularly fond of the man in the foreground who is holding onto his hat, it gives the piece an unique twist that I cant quite put my finger on. Also, the way the scarf blends into the scene is great.

Old 12 December 2005   #29
i have nothing to say~just too good to crit~congrates on finishing with such pace and good luck!

Old 12 December 2005   #30
Hi Damian!
Congrats for finishing your idea
Best of luck on the finals
Kolorystyka, styl, a przede wszystkim tempo pracy - powalajace

(sory for my bad english)

Thread Closed share thread