Spectacular 2D Entry: Michael Chang Ting Yu

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2005   #16
Now that's an image of my type of taste, it already looks full of hope and beauty, I'll be waiting for more...

Old 11 November 2005   #17
I think the atmosphere is very mysterious. I think you should preserve some of the ambiguity of the image, that is to keep some of the loosness in your image. I do think some areas should be defined, such as the buldings, but without getting too detailed.

The character in the forground is cropped a bit odd. Perhaps you could crop a little closer to the torso. You could also give her some more energy to highlight her 'trajectory' or path of movement.

Old 11 November 2005   #18
Thx Crying Hornand Raes_Halmagean,thats really true what u guys suggested
I will catch on working on improve it! and hopefully get more comments from you again
thanks

Last edited by MichaelCTY : 11 November 2005 at 11:42 AM.

Old 11 November 2005   #19
Coloring WIP: Image which gonna redo

Aquarion,which is a great Angel.
What I was trying to do is making a beautiful environment which is combining the elements of different cultures,centries,technologies and imaginations...that means to show a sense of beauty and make people comfortable, and there is a machine like thing on the sky which represent how great the Aquarion is, but I found out Machine is not really fit the idea .so decidedto redo the whole back part of the picture! and what I am going to replace with the machine ,should be interesting.
the spectacular theme what I means to be create .is a simple and beauty idea. that should not make people nervous ,so shouldnt make it too complicate and showing too many exciting parts.I found a little mess with this image .so just going to make it much comfortable to see ,also can show the spectacular of the Aquarion!

Last edited by MichaelCTY : 11 November 2005 at 05:38 AM.

Old 11 November 2005   #20
Great working I see here! It looks fantastic, most I like architecture and dynamic atmosphere of background. Keep it

Old 11 November 2005   #21
Never had time to comment this, but its a must to do so now u have a really nice color sheme, nice composition and a great dynamic going on in ur piece. I guess that u r close to an end, so I will just wish u a good luck!

DW V 2d

Old 11 November 2005   #22
Coloring WIP: Changing step 01

In the last post ,I ve made the title to be: Image which gonna redo,actaully
I ve made alot of change after wards ,just didn`t have enough time to post them,this is the 1st step of the changing of background,as I said I will change the machine to be other things to represent the great of the AQUARIION, and I ve deciede to make it to be a huge mountain like thing and which gonna make a big contrast with the 2 architectures infront to show the great and the size ! and I erase the sky ships which I thought is a little Mess before ,ofcoz will add other effect to bring what I am expecting on. time is running up hopefully will update per day

Last edited by MichaelCTY : 11 November 2005 at 05:23 PM. Reason: correction of grammar

Old 11 November 2005   #23
Coloring WIP: New Back part 01

this is the basic form I had made for weeks ago.wanted to creat a original structure.but the result cames not too attractive so had improved again ,and being a great angel ,the form isn`t like a human structure is mean to make it special and great of course without a wing ,no one will realize what it might be.and the wing is the cloud? ha

Last edited by MichaelCTY : 11 November 2005 at 06:33 PM. Reason: correction

Old 11 November 2005   #24
Coloring WIP: Form of Aquarion 01

Added some detial and made a form of the Aquarion,simply dont want to be too easy to see what I wanna show. becoz that will be much boring .if watch carefully may realize that I minimized the characters all the time,ofcoz it is use to make the whole environment larger and more more deep and more space.

Old 11 November 2005   #25
Coloring WIP: Aquarion 02

Before changing the Aquarion be more natural and far, I decided to Erase one of the angel Character which the one in the middle..I was planing to make it smaller but after erase it the space got larger (I did pay effort on that character...so sad)...and can see little more details on the Aquarion and cloud...ofcoz change a little of the colour as well.Not much updated ..but is going to be the one I am expecting

Old 11 November 2005   #26
Hi!
I really like your picture and style. So congrats!!!
I wonder which brushes do you use to get this... it gives the viewer a kind of smothness blended whith sharp details. do ya get me on that point?
i prefer however the picture you called changing one, 'cause you play more whith warm tone which gives more the impression of fairy athmosphere. On your last wip the bottom of the water falls looks too bright to compare whith the tour on the right. That's my feeling on that.
Keep it up, and good luck for the last rush!

Old 11 November 2005   #27
Hey, Michael. Beautiful picture. This is a very cool alien environment and the details are well done. I think the girl on the right seem too isolated in her corner. With her cropped at the waist and the tower cutting her off, she looks like she's falling off the edge and pulling the eye with her . I think she should be crossing into the center area, which would pull the eye back into the picture.
Great work.

Old 11 November 2005   #28
wow, i feel sorry for discovering this so late, your piece is just a dreamscape! love the light and the floating beautifull style you have, and the great soft and sweet mood in it!
Cant wait to see ya finnish this, keep on rocking mate!

Old 11 November 2005   #29
Massillian,Zpapageo,Sacha, thanks for your reply and suggestions.

Massillian,I am using painter recently and the brush is just air brush and oil brush ,the difference might be I changed the shape and the form of the brush with the water colour profile
and different opacity. hope you got what I mean,and thanks very much with the suggestion
I know the wather is bright becoz thats a part of AQUARION which is a sign of the wake of the great angel,so the whole Aquraion including the water falls. and I will try to make it clearly so u can see the shinny of the Aquarion. Please wait and give more comment ,thx

Zpapageo,Thanks for your comments, I know the girl might be isolated ,but I cant move her to the middle becoz the flying direction will be strange, and cant show any detail on her design
I have one method to correct this mistake,I might add some more characters close to her so
wont looks too suddenly,Please give me more comment after I change it ok? thanks

Sacha.thanks alot.right my spectacular is main to bring a beautiful theme which make people feel comfortable but with impact,of course ther are other concept which I will post with the Final image,and later I will post some detail close up too,and please check it and give me more comment.thx

Old 11 November 2005   #30
Coloring WIP: Aquarion03

If not watch it clearly Maybe cant realize what are the changes between last one and this! This time I add more details on the cloud which is the background of the female angel on the right hand side ,and if look at it more carefully u will see there is much detail on that female angel as well,I know it is hard to see ,but dont worry ,I will post the close up and full rendering of the female angel, actaully she is a part of the spectacular thing I wanna show from the begining,ha
I did change the left hand side tower as well,later round gonna add more detail on it

Last edited by MichaelCTY : 11 November 2005 at 05:33 AM. Reason: correction

Thread Closed share thread