Spectacular 2D Entry: Eric Claeys

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2005   #31
I love teh character and colours man, keep it going!!

Old 10 October 2005   #32
Welcome!

I really like what i'm seeing right now! I like the idea. The mechanic monkey look's cool!
Keep up with your good work!

Good luck!

Old 10 October 2005   #33
Line Art: Line art

I started working on the details and mechanical stuff. I want a decent contrast between large areas of corroded/aged metal and the small intricut mechanical joints.

I had thought of the idea of some sort of empty cavity in his chest - suggesting his soul-lessness. I think it will work well with it image - as long as it is not super-obvious.

Thanks for all the input!

Old 10 October 2005   #34
i believe i like you new concept alot better than the old one. everything you've submitted so far is it's own work of art.
one thing i might suggest is giving some sort of brow to the mechmonkey's face......even if it's just a little lip of metal.

Old 10 October 2005   #35
Wow, amazing atmosphere and detailed lineart so far...I love it!

Portfolio

Old 10 October 2005   #36
Awesome! Excellent work, beautiful lines and colour control

Old 10 October 2005   #37
Thanks! Pretty much the only chance I have to work on it is during lunch at work. I'm getting married in a week, so the preparations consume much of my time at home.

I've thought about adding a brow, or more primate-like featuress, but I want him to look as innocent as possible - to contrast his actions. I need to upload some of my preliminary sketches (I keep leaving them at work) - some had a brow or a jaw, but didn't really added what I wanted to his personality. I'll try to get all my quick sketches together tommorrow.

Old 10 October 2005   #38
monkey!

really nice, love the concept, love the design.

top,
A

Old 10 October 2005   #39
OrO:...just as a sugestion: you know that it is thought that the sole is housed near the heart in the chest...so why fon't you make a cavity of some sort in the middle of his chestfool of mecanical stuff rusted and old...a sort of crying metalic wound...

wonder where the idea with the cavity came from ...the angle looks so good! and the lines so fluent..great job!! you could make a small glass cage in the midle of the chest cavity and put in it a little bird soul(make it look like one) and surrounded by machines and mechanical components...a small speck of life and light in a dead iron shell...good luck!

Old 10 October 2005   #40
soul...

yeah, a cavity of some kind, with receptors and things... nice idea. further iterates the 'longing' aspect.

cool

Old 10 October 2005   #41
Oro: wonder where the idea with the cavity came from...

Hey, sorry Oro, forgot to give you credit for the chest idea. I had thought of it before and your poetic description made me decide to go with it. I was writing my comment while I had a quick break at work and meant to quote ya, sorry. Thanks for the great input though!

Old 10 October 2005   #42
I like this concept... maybe his tail should look more mechanical too...

Cant wait to see it finished!

Old 10 October 2005   #43
no problem i was having a bad day so i got pushy with you...sorry...waiting to see what comes next

Old 10 October 2005   #44
hey, great sketches... the line art looks great... I'll wait to see more..

Old 10 October 2005   #45
Come on ..show some color!!

Thread Closed share thread