Spectacular 2D Entry: Eric Claeys

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
nice

man, absolutley love the colour sketch, looks great. will be watching : ) ....

09 September 2005
this is out of this world...i love this concept...it is so cold the dead birds and cold metal monkey but it is so expressssive....it really moves ...

09 September 2005
Nice sketches! .. Youre so good so why not do a few more concepts for us to wonder at

09 September 2005
I like that idea. Last update is great!

I'd add some more action... other angry bird souls attacking him from the back *lol*

good luck to you!

09 September 2005
Great concept and nice to see something a bit different. I love the atmosphere and moody lighting - should look great with the bg you've described...

I suppose you could age the robot to suggest immortality and that he's been around a long time - also maybe add a few more birds?? ...keep the great images coming

09 September 2005
Neat concept. Nice lighting, too. I almost missed the birds, making them a tad lighter could help... but them, when they're more thoroughly rendered, they'll pop more too. Anyhow, great work so far. Good luck!

-mike

09 September 2005
I find myself oddly fascinated by the scene - almost as much as the robot! lol.

This is a really great concept that is a little different from the rest. I particular like your last sketch and the lighting is done really well. I am not sure if you need to pull back or look up and see other souls. I like the focus of the image as it is.

09 September 2005
Coloring WIP: soul monkey

I think this is a more dramatic angle for the image - bringing the viewer in a bit closer. I like how you don't see the dead critters immediately - giving you a glimpse of the monkey's fascination... then you realize what he's done.

09 September 2005
thanks for all the comments!

MrFreeman - I agree, I want the monkey to look aged and pretty corroded - though still entirely functional. I'll try to add the affect rusty streaks from ages of rain, small dents and scuffs from his wanderings.

Next, I'll really try to work out the details in his body - plently of little mechanical parts. In all, I really want to emphasize the lighting and draw your focus to the skeletal soul.

09 September 2005
that is a very good idea...it already is very intense and the angle dose wonders for the picture
just as a sugestion: you know that it is thought that the sole is housed near the heart in the chest...so why fon't you make a cavity of some sort in the middle of his chestfool of mecanical stuff rusted and old...a sort of crying metalic wound...

09 September 2005
OH Yeah!! another one ...i like this one..maybe more than the lastest...keep goin 'on!! very good ambiance i like...see you later man!!

09 September 2005
wowww man this is so good.. amazing.. i love it..

best luck !

10 October 2005
Half of me wants to laugh my ass off coz of the idea that the monkey's innocently "squishing" the life outta those birds... And half of me somewhat feels sick. I dont know why. The idea that he's doing it out of fascination kinda gets to me. Why not make the idea lighter like say, his data got mixed up and he thinks the birds are bananas or something

Just kidding. Keep it sick And again, I dont know why I want you do that...

I'm not sure about your current composition man. I say, make the scene more dynamic by going for either a higher or lower angle. Scene looks too flat. Perhaps you can show more of where those bird-souls are going... Bird heaven or something...

10 October 2005
Allright it's developing quite well, I like that you scaled the image so it could be seen other souls. But I liked more first perspective of monkey.. but that's just my opinion. in any case it already looks awesome Good luck I'll be watching this one

Thread Closed share thread