Spectacular 2D Entry: Sergey Skachkov

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
I love that you can just stare at the picture for ages and find different things happening. Excellent work!

10 October 2005
nice idea, fun lookin spheres

10 October 2005

nice concept, nice angle of view, nice colors...the figures stands strange to me, perhaps you should put some couple in short distans to the viewer to make the game moment more detailed...i'll keep an eye on this..have fun

10 October 2005
kyokaisen, henryz_jetsam, Lync, Squibbit!

Thanks a lot!

asparta!
Thanks for your remark! I want to make one scene with characters nearer to the viewers. And for the moment my attempts didn't give me a necessary result. But I'm working on it!

10 October 2005
Lovely style! Reminds me a little bit of Yoshitaka Amano.. Not sure wy..

I think it wouldnt hurt to hold back some on the red outside the craters. Right now the whole scene looks hot.. Maybe make the environment outside the craters a little bit cooler in color so that the craters look more hot..? Only my opinion... Just trying to say something creative :P

Thats the only thing i could think of, everything else looks great! The perspective, lineart, concept and the cratercity looks awesome..

10 October 2005
Atris -

The link to the artist's site is
http://www.math.sjsu.edu/~goldston/victor/vindex.htm
His name is Victor Lee, and this site hasn't been updated in a while. It shows a lot of his work for Click Entertainment, but nothing from Blizzard (which is all non-discloseable stuff anyhow.) He's now at Valve. Sadly, his site shows very little of the colored background work that I saw him do, which is what i think you'd really appreciate a lot. Anyhow... Enjoy!

-mike

10 October 2005
hey... interesting idea... great painting... I'll looking for new updates

10 October 2005
FrozZT!

Thank you so much! I'm flattered.
I'll think about your suggestion!

walrus!

Thanks for the link! I visited this site with pleasure.

Ducklator!

Thank you!

10 October 2005
this looks so coooooooolllll..i like the idea very much!!keep up the good work! what are you gonna do about the secondary plane detail? the lands in the back?

10 October 2005
oh ..and good luck in the 3d section too!!

10 October 2005
wow... your lineart was amazing, with all of those details... and the coloring is looking great too! I'll be looking forward for this one...

Maybe I would expand the canvas horizontally a bit, if it's not too late for that, I think the canvas aspect ratio would look better if it was less square...but I cannot think of anything else

10 October 2005
Oro!

Thanks a lot! I'm going to work two another crater cities and to connect it with a system of fiery canals in the background.

elmasfeo!

Thank you very much for your remark! Unfortunately, time of the search is over! And it's too late for the change, if I want to finish it in time.

10 October 2005
Thumbs up

This is another one of my favorite entries so far, shows a lot of imagination and originality. And I dig the lighting.

I'll be following your progress on this...

Good work

~Steve H

10 October 2005
Coloring WIP: Characters

Hello!
Now I'm working on characters. And I work in detail the characters wich will be in the foreground. Here they are!

10 October 2005
Wow Looking good!

Your last post: Ball on the right with the two chars on it. Guess the leftguy with glasses, his left leg (viewers right) is not all the way in roundness with the ball he's sitting on. Think you can see a tiny bit of the bottom of his shoe.. Just a tiny detail, This piece is getting interesting!

Keep it up. Good work!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Thread Closed share thread