Spectacular 2D Entry: Natascha Roeoesli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
Whoa.
*hearts stopped beating*
That is Great. I did not know that you entered this contest. Nice work.
Me want more!
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

10 October 2005
Nice sketch Natascha glad to see you here! I've been having the same problems, thinking about big concepts and then having problems getting it to work in a painting. Decided to simplify and enjoy the process. Have fun! I like what you have so far, you will do something spectacular I'm sure of it.

10 October 2005
Concept Sketch: The Sacrifice - Light Speedy

Decided to go with a totally different approach.

Made a new sketch and this is the first kinda-thumb (some cutout to test the light ambient).

This is mainly a light and shadow rough and a little test as to how to achieve the effects I am thinking off.

It's a crappy attempt too but since I haven't been posting anything at all I thought I might as well upload some tryouts I made...

I'll post the sketch/lineart as soon as I have finished and cleaned it out.

edit: forgot to add - in case you are wondering. I am experimenting with textures and noises. There is a noise layer on top of this thumb. It gives it a much more interesting look imo :D

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 10 October 2005 at 10:37 AM.

10 October 2005
Yay! She updates!

uh what's this about again?

10 October 2005
well - nothing really creative to be honest..just a vampire enduring the pain of the sunlight to feel the warmth one last time and trying to reach something that can enjoy the sunlight - unlike her..and the pain that goes with it and the combustion..

you can't see her teeth on the little thumb I know >_<

edit: typos

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 10 October 2005 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Typos - like always

10 October 2005
Hi, nice to see you're back! It's an interesting idea, a vampire reaching out into the sun! Her face strangely reminds me of the girl in The Exorcist Expecting more updates soon!

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by Kyena: well - nothing really creative to be honest..just a vampire enduring the pain of the sunlight to feel the warmth one last time and trying to reach something that can enjoy the sunlight - unlike her..and the pain that goes with it and the combustion..

you can't see her teeth on the little thumb I know >_<

edit: typos

i sure saw the teeth but i thought the white was rain or sumthin (getting
confused, it's been such a rainy day in Belgium and I been feeling like
a grandmother for hours) and still it looks like she's caught in the rays by accident..
i mean i don't convey the longing for sunlight and warmth

now if she was in a dark cellar with a small window to the outside world and she was
reaching to touch a flower or bird basking in the sunlight just outside the window with
a tear in her eye, her hand smoldering, that would be more close to it i think..
even then it might look like she's desperate to get what little blod the bird has to offer,
heh, i dunno, just some thoughts

10 October 2005
I agree there, Squib and I see your point.
The pose of her arm and hand definately needs some adjustement..
right now I was thinking of adding a dove further up in the light or more to the right actually..and she is reaching out to touch it. The thing is I want to show the pain on her face..

Might help to post the actual/whole sketch as soon as possible
Thanks for the input!

DrFx: hehe she does? I haven't really seen any of those movies but I know Linda Blair is staring in the old ones. You think she looks like her? To be honest - I haven't really thought about her overall features that much (hairdo and the like) but more on the facial expression.

My website

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by Kyena: The thing is I want to show the pain on her face..

you still could do it, hey, i didn't even mention the expression on her face..
u can have a pretty cool time experimenting with that

10 October 2005
Looks good!
I have a vampire piece going on myself, where the father of a younger vampire is watching as his son is about to bite his first pray(he doesnt want to)..

To show the pain in here face, try to not make her look angry/dangerous! Right now she looks a little bit angry, maybe give her a touch of fear and anxiety..?

Good luck!

10 October 2005
Nice work Tascha. I really like this new sketch. I've been thinking about trying out the 'noise' filter, seems to make the image look more like a painting.

I look forward to seeing more updates

10 October 2005
Nice to see that you have posted something kyena, good luck with this new concept!

10 October 2005
Thanks everyone
Unfortunately I don't see me having the time to really work on this enough.
The past few days I have been (fortunately) swamped with commissions (in addition to my other already set freelance duties). Among them two big two page spread illustrations for a magazine.

I really hate coming off as such a slacker and not finish my second attempt of a cgtalk challenge but I don't think I could have really lived up to the theme anyway >_<

Good luck everyone - I'll be lurking in your threads and sending you envy messages if someone of you wins one of the awesome prices

My website

11 November 2005
Talking

ok, just popped in to see what you're playing with. the new concept so far looks nice, now erm... is she a vampiress, that has a suicidal vein in her? or, is the light simply eating her up?
sorry for the silly questions
ok ok, i'll train my patience and wait for your next update, hehe, njoy the sun, chocolate queen

12 December 2005
Cool idea, reminds me of scaevola. Great stuff as always.
modelling practice #1

Thread Closed share thread