Spectacular 2D Entry: John Barry Ballaran

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #31
Originally Posted by ahbeejieh:

Lower, closer angle. The focus-in-the-middle-where-the-hero's-standing composition is gone. This angle makes the hero look mightier, seeming to carry the group of arrow-shooting hotties; and it emphasizes the characters' personalities, since we'll be able to see their expressions better than the first composition. What do you guys think?

Hi ahbeejieh,

I think this image has a lot of potential. The concept is very unique and would make for an excellent illustration. - J

Old 09 September 2005   #32
Concept Sketch: hackers - slashers 2

Didnt want him to look too smart, so I ditched the upright posture and gave him a hunched down look. Made his other arm smaller too, kinda like a Fiddler Crab's. They've been trained to strike hard with their right arm all their life that there was no further use for development of their left arm... I guess they just used that arm to pick their nose or something :P Hence the unbalanced growth of the arms... Those spike things on their back still look like cheap props made out of styrofoam or something. I think it looks cool, and they use that to intimidate, kinda like a Cobra's frills... The muscles on those things contract signaling that they're ready for battle. It could even be something that picks up heat signature in the air, so that they can see in darkness, but I guess that takes it too far :P It needs more development.

Old 09 September 2005   #33
Concept Sketch: winged whatever

Hi all. I havent been able to check in here as much as I could. There's a problem with my internet connection and I'm still having it checked by my network. My connection keeps lagging, and it's downloading stuff at a really slow rate. But I'll still try to comment on some of the works here. I've seen most of the entries so far, and everybody's lookin' good! Keep it up!

Here's my latest sketch. I just thought I'd expand a bit with my last sketch and kinda add some wings on the caster, as well as make his spell look even more powerful by adding the guys with the long swords at the bottom. I also added some more spectators at the background. The guy casting the spell is in some kind of test, and his peers are watching his performance or something. Hoping for your crits and comments. Tnx.

Old 09 September 2005   #34
wow, this really is spectacular! Can't wait to see where they go!!

Old 09 September 2005   #35
hey!
You finally added som swordsmen! They look great! Though i think i like the concept better with the previous ones.. A test is not as spectacular as showing your hidden powers to make a last stand for your friends! I say keep the spell with the swordsmen but go back to the previous scenarios..

Old 09 September 2005   #36
I am liking the the previous concept. I would work with that, It has a more interesting compo,I would go with the previous one, unless you can come up with something better?

Old 09 September 2005   #37
  • FourCrows: That makes two of us man
  • FrozZT: You like the swordsmen eh? That's a good point with the test thing. Only problem is, I dont know where to put the swordsmen in the previous composition I made... I'll try and experiment some more. Tnx.
  • beelow: Yep, goin' back to the previous one. And yeah, I'm still trying to come up with something better. I'm kinda losin' the spectacular idea with this concept. I might even consider tryin' out something else. We'll see. Tnx dude.

Old 09 September 2005   #38
Naks, okay yung dating ha. Definately like the concept, but i would go with another angle. Something more dynamic naman para ma enhance yung impact nang storia mo
o sige, aabangan ko na lang. Goodluck din at salamati.

Ingat pre

Old 09 September 2005   #39
woderful design of magic casting!!I agree with Arc80 about another angle more powerful compos.just my opinion.good luck.

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

Old 09 September 2005   #40
Great new development my friend....could be some great oppitunities for lighting and colour....excellent work sofar

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 09 September 2005   #41
wow... great sketchs!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

Old 09 September 2005   #42
  • Arc80: Pwede na ba? Babalik ako dun sa dati kong concept, kuha nalang ako ng konting elements dito sa bago kong sketch. Parang nawawalan na nga ako ng gana sa concept nato e. Tnx for droppin by pre
  • xric7: Tnx for the opinion and comments. I'll do my best to get the most awesome possible composition for the scene.
  • element5: Yep, this concept is all about the explosive lighting. Glad you like the recent update, except Im going back to my last concept. Tnx.
  • Ducklator: Tnx for checkin out my sketches man!

Old 09 September 2005   #43
hey, nice concept pre kakaiba, bkit ka nman nawawalan ng gana? hehehe. para skin yong una mong gawa ok skin un pagbutihin mo pa.

SPECTACULAR 2D

Old 09 September 2005   #44
Thumbs up I like the concept

nice concept but iguess u really need a lot of patian for this pieces, i'll be expecting ur work done. love ur concept

KINONATO
life is strange, full of wonders and such...
color the painting of life
as you color your life.

Old 09 September 2005   #45
  • digitalhadz: Tnx for dropping by dude Sira parin kasi hanggang ngayon yung Wacom ko e, hindi ako makapaglaro ng strokes sa PS. Kaya tinatamad tuloy akong gawin to Pero makukuha ko rin yung bwisit na Wacom nayun pinaayos ko lang Type mo ba yung maka-langit kong concept? Astig sana kayalang, kulang sa movement dun sa picture e. Parang masyadong "solemn" yung dating e. Try kong i-sketch out ulit ng masmaganda ng makita natin ng maayos
  • kinonato: Sup man? Tnx for checkin my thread out. I'm expecting to make it over the finishline too I'll be taking a few elements from my last concept and put it in my previous concept. Glad you liked it!

Thread Closed share thread