Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2005
OK!!! THANKS!!! I GOT IT NOW...finally

Pasi

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by enialadam: Just wondering if someone could explaing what FTP is?? Thanks for your time

"Ftp-program" allows you connect to a ftp -site and upload or download data.

I use Winftp at the moment and it's free.

BTW. If you have win XP you do not need separate ftp-program. Just drag your file from explorer window.

Pasi

Last edited by pwallin : 09 September 2005 at 11:15 AM.

09 September 2005
Thanks pwallin

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by enialadam: Just wondering if someone could explaing what FTP is?? Thanks for your time

Another thing. Make sure you try it before deadline is lurking. Last time I had some issues because instructions were not very clear and I even managed to misstype my file.

I also noticed that many people had those issues even on a last minutes. Luckily I had my own submission being sent and spend my free time to guide lost souls right to the end. I plan to do it again this time if possible. Altough I do not need any praises (just send money ) I am happy to know, that I saved at least one user from a total disaster.

Remember that it's very easy to make stupid mistakes when using ftp -first time...especially on heavy stress with deadline. First time I even had an false impression that my submission was sent...Next day I checked it and horrible truth was found...

Pasi

09 September 2005
Yep yep,File Transfer protcol used to upload ur final hi res image,its important u try to get it uploaded to the ftp before the deadline otherwise u'll be in shedloads of traffic.

09 September 2005
And what's the ftp server address and port. What username and password do I use?

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by NOOB!: Yep yep,File Transfer protcol used to upload ur final hi res image,its important u try to get it uploaded to the ftp before the deadline otherwise u'll be in shedloads of traffic.

A crypted version of what I said before?

Ok, to translate the last part it means its important YOU try to get it uploaded early because of a too much traffic at the last minutes. And YOU may be in a middle of it, and even not get your submission get through. Last time connection was shut off even some minutes were left.

Pasi

Last edited by pwallin : 09 September 2005 at 01:02 PM.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by sergage: And what's the ftp server address and port. What username and password do I use?

You get it before submitting. I do not remember how soon they gave that information last time.

Pasi

Last edited by pwallin : 09 September 2005 at 01:03 PM.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by pwallin: A crypted version of what I said before?

i was actually agreeing with u,but if its like that..fine.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by NOOB!: i was actually agreeing with u,but if its like that..fine.

I know, but this "mobile-language" is very hard to understand if you are not used to it. And to many, a very annoying to read even your version was a simple example.

BTW. By saying "YOU" I did not meant you personally.

Also talking about "protocols" was a bit far off, since technical minded people "usually" also know such "basic" things like a FTP. So it's more convenient to talk as clearly as possible in case.

Pasi

09 September 2005
[---EVENT------] = Past history
[---EVENT------------------] = Present history
[---EVENT---------------------------------] = Future history

As you can see the event in the past is still part of future history!
And if they had just said history you would have thought futuristic stuff is not allowed.

Also, the realm of possibility doesn't exclude anything really. I don't think I've ever seen a sci-fi movie that is completely impossible. An example of something impossible is... *thinking*...... a molecule with guns for example. I would say that's impossible, but still there's no way to be sure.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by PizzasRgooD: [---EVENT------] = Past history
[---EVENT------------------] = Present history
[---EVENT---------------------------------] = Future history

As you can see the event in the past is still part of future history!
And if they had just said history you would have thought futuristic stuff is not allowed.

Wow! A graphical explanation! Since this was already cleared up, I expect more analytic stuff like "mathematical equations".

Pasi

09 September 2005
It had been cleared up TEN times, yet you didn't get it.
I didn't post it to please you, I did it for those that still may not understand completely, so drop the sarcasm please.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by PizzasRgooD: It had been cleared up TEN times, yet you didn't get it.
I didn't post it to please you, I did it for those that still may not understand completely, so drop the sarcasm please.

Fact is, that you and some others did not get it...that I do not speak english "that" well as I told already. So drop your attitude.

Pasi

09 September 2005
Eh? Fact is, I try to help people but you seem to think that once you've been helped, no one else needs it. My post was simply meant to clear things up even more, what's wrong with that?
Let's drop this now please, I don't want to get involved in a useless discussion.

reply share thread