Spectacular 2D Entry: Matt Dixon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Ok I might as well give up now... heehee just kidding. I jsut love you concept work, truly beautiful! I am nervous indeed you are very skilled and have a very creative mind. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Good luck! Allthough I'm sure you don't need it

09 September 2005
Wow matt! excellent stuff.. it really motivates to try to improve, when I see such great concepts! Curious on what you decide to go with..

Good luck!

09 September 2005
Hmmm... I think I know already where the 1st prize will go....

ps I like your style very much, and I'm your admirer

09 September 2005
I really wish I can execute my illustrations as well as you scribble your sketches What you're doing here's spectacular already...

Enough small talk It's just simply awesome the way you work. Goodluck man.

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept scribble V

Something completely different. I started thinking about the things that I consider 'spectacular' and I realised that there aren't too many of those experiences left for adults. As a child however, there are fresh discoveries to be made every day and while I might not have realised it at the time, each of those new experiences were spectacular. This pic's an attempt to get some of that sensation of childhood excitement across - though I've tried ( as in my M&S entry ) to make things a little bit ambiguous.

This is Ghertram and Gherthilda stumbling upon the 'old man of the forest' who only ventures out once a year, to drink tea in the sunlit glades on the day the butterflies escape their cocoons. There's a caterpillar watching the spectacle on the tree on the left. I might give the little girl a camera, or a sketchbook so they can tell the story to Granny Ghertwart.

Not sure if this communicates 'spectacular' clearly enough, but this is my concept for now. I'm going to live with it for a bit and see how it feels after the weekend.

Hmm. An unusually wordy post. And one that I'm worried might make me sound a bit of a hippy. EAT MORE MEAT!

There you go.

09 September 2005
Wow, talk about variety! You've got a lot of great stuff here. I really like your latest one. It's definetely going towards a different direction compared to your other epic concepts. The old man looks like he's thinking his tea is spectacular. :-p Good luck!

09 September 2005
Wow very cool concept, and I just love your style, great work, keep up the great work

Master & Servant

my site

09 September 2005
great concept I love it.....

09 September 2005
I really prefer the previous one with the battle. You make it sound so easy, the way you put down your thoughts! This last idea, although original, I think it could be difficult for people to relate to the "spectacularity" of the scene. Great work so far, nonetheless.

09 September 2005
Hehe, defenately spectacular!

09 September 2005
Hello Matt!

I just wanted to say, I really like the idea of the old man of the forest having tea. In a world like ours where things are becoming ever more complex, being able to find a sunny glade to sit and have some tea sounds like a spectacular idea to me.

Is the story that you wrote about watching the butterflies come out of their cocoons something that you made up or a kind of myth, like a hippy Santa Claus? :P

Anyway, was just wondering cuz that butterfly thing sounded like a great idea to me. In general, I love the positivity of this sketch! Keep it up!

Cheers,
Bobby.

Steampunk Myths n Legends

09 September 2005
Awesome Matt. That's the winning idea right there. Those with kids will appreciate it even more.

09 September 2005
Matt, your concepts are genious! Beautiful sense of depth and energy to them. You may be right about persuing the 'war' theme, but damn those concept sketches look good! This latest post is priceless... and I think we share in the childrens' viewpoint, that this discovery of thiers certainly is spectacular! Great sense of storybook whimsy... I love it.

Keep 'em coming, man... I can't get enough of your sketches!

I'm dancin' like a monkey!

09 September 2005
Oh man I remember when I was still a child me and some of my friends used to mke believe that there were creatures out there only we could see... soetimes I wander, was I really that innocent or was i acidently ingesting LSD somewhere, lol

Fantastic conept and nice take on the theme, very nice indeed
What it seems'
- Dean R Koontz -

www.shanefirth.com

Thread Closed share thread