the structure of man- is it useful?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2010   #16
Thumbs up

I have been doing the Structure of Man DVD's and for me, starting from zero, they are great, they have taught me about proportions, drawing the skeletal system, drawing the muscles on a figure.

Old 04 April 2010   #17
i went through most of the structure of man and i found it very useful, i did not finish the courses because of lack and time and it's also pretty dry. but i've never been in an anatomy class that doesn't make me sleepy.

it is definitely not a drawing lesson. i had already taken anatomy classes in college under direction of vince perez plus many figure drawing classes, so i pretty much knew anatomy beforehand. what TSoM did for me is help me remember relationships and proportions. it really is more about shorthand techniques to draw the human body quickly from memory and not about teaching you what the body parts look like in detail. it makes more sense if you have knowledge beforehand or study from anatomy books at the same time.

my old professor covered every body part in detail including deep muscles arteries fat deposits and different functions. once in a while he would throw in a technique for killing someone, but five years later what i had was thousands of body parts i didn't remember off the top of my head. so anyway, TSoM helped me remember where those parts go. so with my knowledge of anatomy plus tsom's shorthand way of remembering i got a better understanding of the human body.

so that's my experience anyway.

Last edited by mecos : 04 April 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Old 04 April 2010   #18
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread