Do i need to be professoinal to learn anatomy??

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2009   #1
Do i need to be professoinal to learn anatomy??

Do i need to be professoinal to learn anatomy?? First i didnot to know to study anatomy then alot of people told me that all i have to do is to take every part and start to draw alot but i am not sure about my skills in drawing. so do i need to be professional or this will just delay me and take longer time. thanks in advance.

Old 09 September 2009   #2
IMHO, Be professional perhaps means to me get a specific training in one area of your interest, trained and advised by experts in the field -face to face-, whatever you'd been choosing to follow in the life, but that is not a 'total' waranty that you will be better than someone who is self-taught and is doing the same just by motivation, or love.
Saying that, learn about you wants, for that there're a history of Art that could help you to improve. keep it upˇ

Last edited by stridiggio : 04 April 2010 at 04:40 AM.

Old 10 October 2009   #3
of course you don't have to be a professional, a lot of us aren't.

if you can't draw at all learning anatomy is not the first thing you should try, but if you have some drawing experience, yes, try it, it can't do any harm!

Old 10 October 2009   #4
Originally Posted by eathquaketry: ... or this will just delay me and take longer time.

What's your hurry? Take the time. If what you want to achieve with your work is based on knowing anatomy, there isn't some way to shortcut the learning process. It's not something you stop learning either, but will need to study and reference for as long as you make that art.

I'm not sure I completely understand your question but there are professionals who have a poor grasp of anatomy (and other things.) Being a pro may be as simple as just doing the job and getting paid for it. Being an expert, however, is much more. Do you want to be a good as possible or only as good as necessary?

Old 10 October 2009   #5
To learn anatomy, one must draw while using reference. So euhm, how can this delay you? You learn to draw better, you learn to shade/light better, you make it more realistic, you make realistic poses, you make it alive.. It can't really delay you, can it?

Old 11 November 2009   #6
i don't think so ...i think the key to anatomy is "Motivation" +pactice
good luck

R.

Supercharge Your CG Career with Smarter CG techniques.

Old 12 December 2009   #7
Anatomy

I agree;

It all boils down to practice. At the end of the day no single person is going to be able to make you a great artist, all you can do is draw reference from useful books such as...Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy (he has published a series of books covering drapery, poses, lighting etc.) to see how they do it. Knowing how professionals break down the body into primitive shapes will lead to you developing a work flow that works for you.

I personally am somewhere on the way to becomming good at anatomy, i have the proportions correct, and i now know enough techniques to be able to create dynamic poses from my head; as well as begin adding the more visible muscles...Not long ago i was following the 'in-thing', drawing manga and whatever else my friends drew on their desks. Now im studying for my degree in animation and quite literally (i get the occasional joke about it) I always, ALWAYS, have a pencil, rubber and sharpener in my pocket, as well as a sketch pad in my bag.

Its insanely easy to find time to sketch, I personally draw whenever im travelling on the bus, in the car or just sitting down and theres nothing interesting on tv. On the bus and in the car i have the general public posing as models without knowing it - you can get some real interesting poses. TV; well theres all kinda shows on now and a lot of CGI inventions running around - cant really ask for a broader range of subjects to drawn can you

When im bored and want to draw something all i need to do is browse through my sketch pad and i have my own little library of poses i can use.

Just be sure not to fall into doing things one set way, experiment and mix things up so that you dont limit yourself because some techniques only work in certain circumstances and wont wield as good results in others.

Jay

Old 04 April 2010   #8
well to be a professional means to get money for what you do. it has nothing to do with skill level. i know a lot of good artists who havent earned anythign really with their art yet therefore they are not professionals. but i also know some people who make money with their art which quite frankly is not good. i think understanding anatomy is always important if you want to create art. I personally always spend too much time on copying exactly from books or reference. i think its better to understand the structure. where everythign goes and then apply it.
your work cant get worse from more knowledge

Old 06 June 2010   #9
You may like to check out Drawing Tutorials Online if you are looking at learning anatomy.
Free tips can be found at http://www.drawing-tutorials-online...epartment27.cfm ... scroll to the bottom for anatomy lessons.

Christine

Originally Posted by eathquaketry: Do i need to be professoinal to learn anatomy?? First i didnot to know to study anatomy then alot of people told me that all i have to do is to take every part and start to draw alot but i am not sure about my skills in drawing. so do i need to be professional or this will just delay me and take longer time. thanks in advance.

Old 06 June 2010   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread