Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
xX_eXiGe_Xx
Know-it-All
exiguel
Student
Sweden

Need critique on my lineart anatomy.

So during class I was drawing this because otherwise i would then fall asleep, later i scanned it, then i made a lineart on photoshop. Before I try to paint on this woman, I would then appreciate some a paint over or something : P...
Thanks in advance!

(picture)
http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?...lineart1vz3.jpg

Old 10-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
alicelefay
Know-it-All

portfolio
Alice Agostini
Italy

Send a message via MSN to alicelefay
Hi

I think you need to focus more on the study of anatomy... since you post it as a lineart, it's supposed the line to have life, to be the main tool of expression.
So I think that line needs to describe the body in a more precise way.
For example, legs are not defined, way too stylized and not realistic; I would have suggested the knee zone more.
Same for the arm.

I'm not an expert, I just tell you my first impression and hope this can help you

I suggest you to have a look at Bridgman's and Hoghart's anathomy books; maybe you can find some inspiration

Good luck!!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
CheezyCat
portfolio
Getrud Wenzel
Dresden, Germany

hello

The first thing I noticed is, that a real person couldnīt stand that way. - Her legs canīt hold her weight since they are too far on the left. Try to draw an vertical line from about the middle of her shoulders to the ground- thats where all the weight goes. In your picture that line only meets her heel. It might be better between the feet (or under one leg if sheīs standing in (I donīt know the english word for Kontrapost....) the greek way ^^° ) .

It always helps me to mirror the picture while drawing- then youīll see those mistakes thing easier on you own.

Her face is nice But her mouth looks like itīs drawn in a frontal view to me so maybe you should lift the right end a bit up and shorten it.

Her front hand also looks a bit small to me ( aww hands... I never get those right on my own... ).

And she looks to me like she has no real neck. But I donīt know why or what to do about that...

I hope this critque was a bit helpful.
good luck with your picture.

Cheezy

Old 11-20-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
xX_eXiGe_Xx
Know-it-All
exiguel
Student
Sweden

Thanks, i'll see what i can do.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
aethalin
Frequenter
portfolio
Edward Jewell Jr
Phoenix, USA

Hiya,

You may want to work more gestures with your piece first. The anatomy is pretty off, especially torso and legs. I would try to sketch from life a bit, and if you can't find the particular reference that you are searching for. At least, you should work on some that is reminiscent of your piece. It will help you define shapes and forms better. As of now, the anatomy is really off. I agree about the weights just not being right. Think about how you stand and watch others. Each have their own little nuances to their stance. It will help you further develope the weights to make them more accurate. Good luck . I hope that this was helpful

As always take care, be safe, and farewell

aethalin

Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread