scanning first?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2008
scanning first?

Hi there , i would like to know some opinions about how to begin a draw that will be painted in photoshop. The question is if for the initial draw( the line art) itīs better to draw on paper and then scann it, or begin drawing directly in PS. I actualy have a graphire 4x5 (the monitor itīs 22") and i think i can do a more precise draw on paper than with the tablet. But i want to know if iīm missing something, or itīs just better beggin in paper.I found that Changing the initial size of the image in photoshop(something large, lets say 2500x2500) itīs a way for have more control in the draw, and so it is have a low opacity brush.....there are more things to do?

One more thing: iīm thinking about buying an Intuos 6x8 in replacement for the graphire, any opnions about the differences between them...it realy worth it?

Well, any opinion would be appreciated.

Cheers .

08 August 2008
JMART, it's fine to work either way - either scanning a drawing, or starting a drawing directly digitally. You'll probably find that you'll enjoy a combination of both. There's really no right or wrong - it's just what you personally prefer.

An Intuos is definitely worth the investment. I got mine after many years of having a Graphire at home (when they still made the Graphire - that's now largely been replaced by the Wacom Bamboo). I'd definitely recommend the upgrade if you can afford it - I have the 6x8 and it's great.

-R

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2008
Thanks a lot Rebeccak, now i know that there is not "a better way" for beginning a work and about the intuos i have no doubts now, i hope iīm getting one the next month.

Thanks for your help in this forum, you are always helping to me and everyone... itīs realy nice to have someone like you moderating the forum.

Well i wont say this everytime because i donīt want to boore people, but i wanted to tell you that at least once .

Cheers.

Last edited by JM-art : 08 August 2008 at 01:39 PM.

08 August 2008
Thanks!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread