Gesture Drawings - Post Your Gesture Drawings Here! - 2D TRADITIONAL / DIGITAL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
When? when? when?

08 August 2005
Talking

vikkie,

Hopefully tomorrow. Sorry, I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been a bit busy digging out of my home after I diluged it with SIGGRAPH memorabilia.

I would post it now if I weren't at work and in danger of being caught with nude photographs and having to explain to my boss that they are for "artistic purposes".

Looking forward to your participation!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
this one took 30 Sec to a minute i really doubt it took a minute tho , cant remeber exactly.
compressed charcoal on A1 newsprint
like the weight and balance in this piece myself
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GestureIngrid.jpg (36.8 KB, 28 views)

My Dominance War entry

Last edited by Robert-Fletcher : 08 August 2005 at 09:33 PM.

08 August 2005
Here's a quickie to participate

Last edited by vikkie : 08 August 2005 at 06:04 PM.

08 August 2005
here's what happens in the next 24 frames briefly. (feel free to delete this)

08 August 2005
Talking

vikkie,

These are really cool, are you doing an animation? And no, I'm certainly not going to delete anything that you post!

Rob[e]rt,

Really nice feeling of movement in this! Thank you for posting!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
nope, i wish i had time for an animation. or to draw something decent for that matter. I'm still working my bottomly body parts to prepare my portfolio to get in to a university here. damn these people are picky

08 August 2005
Talking

vikkie,

What are the college entrance requirements like? Maybe we can help you out here. When would you begin school? And how stiff is your competition?

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
well for the competition, i have no idea. every university makes you pass a series of exams. from visual perception to figure drawing to character design. I had the characther design exam today and a storyboard exam. There's only 2 cartoon and animation degree programs in turkey btw and one of them is like toooo far from me. well i think i have a chance here and they'll pick the best 5 people and give them full tuition scholarship which i'm aiming for. Thursday they will see my portfolio and decide if i'm in the first five people from the top. The other university, which i applied for visual communication design degree, wants a digital portfolio and they are really picky. You can check their site and exhibitions at vcd.bilgi.edu.tr

I'm hoping to get into a uni this year, or i'll have to serve for the military(which every male turkish citizen is forced to after 20 years of age).
I'm planning to impress them with digital sketches, lot's of them so they will be overwhelmed to do anything.

08 August 2005
Talking

vikkie,

Seeing that Thursday is your review, it's probably too late to do anything drastic (not that you necessarily need to) but I want to wish you the best of luck, and let us know how things go.

If you want, create a thread and call it "vikkie's portfolio" and see if you can get some quick, last minute reviews.

It would be great to see your portfolio and find out how things go.

Best of luck!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
why are you so helpful? you are not going to fool us with candy are you? Thank you so much for everything. i think my portfolio will be just enough. I'm hoping to give you guys some good news this friday (by saying that i totally jinxed it)

Last edited by vikkie : 08 August 2005 at 07:13 PM.

08 August 2005
Talking

vikkie,

Lol, no candy fooling involved! Nah, I just know how tough it is to find art training that doesn't cost a million dollars for very little information. Plus, this is just loads of fun. I've never before experienced seeing so much artwork from so many different artists internationally, so this is just a cool experience. Best of luck, and hope to hear good news!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Arrow todays gestures

Hi, I got some time so working on gestures more.

Rebecca: Yes, you are right about tablets. Im using the new Intuos3 and they got better feeling but still not like pencil in my hand. Id like to completely work digital so Im forcing myself from old school paper. Here are another set of few gestures...

08 August 2005
Talking

Libor,

Cool that you're working on these daily! Indeed, I too must wean myself from old school paper and learn to express a la Wacom Tablet. Painting is so great with the tablet, but drawing so far has been a bit trickier ~ tho it depends on the type of drawing I'm trying to do.

Good luck with these, and keep us posted on your progress!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
OK I'm an amateur, and you can see so many mistakes here in these images I'd never taken any drawing classes. I just want to share this images with you, and try to learn sometning from you. Don't hesitate to write a review about them!!!

Last edited by danimani : 08 August 2005 at 02:58 PM.

Thread Closed share thread