Animals - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
wow, these drawings here are really awesome. i like the finishing touches on the horse, dreja; really nice. inky2, sweet greyhounds! dang girl!

don't know much bout animals myself; i usually draw humans, but i was commissioned by the local library to enlarge an existing drawing, 2 of them actually. i did the undersketch for both; one a librarian painted for me, one i painted with another librarian. both in watercolor.

heres the originals (sorry the quality is kinda crappy; digicam)

the process, finished pieces

details
lower left
upper left
upper right
lower right

i like, never paint, so i really like how the fur came out. the whole piece, actually. we surprised me. really.

The Book 2 3 4
The Jisyou

Last edited by purb36 : 11 November 2005 at 11:34 AM.

11 November 2005
Talking

purb36,

These are really adorable! I've taken a look at these a couple of times, and I chuckle every time!

How are you finding Japan? Are you there on the JET program? I had a good friend once who did that program, and she loved it.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
thanks rebecca! it was really tiring, but really fun to do! i hope the kids like it. im on a program similar to the JET program, but its called PiA (Princeton in Asia), and is a multinational program, not just japan-specific. we have people in countries such as japan, china, korea, laos, vietnam, thailand, singapore, east timor...most of the countries in southeast asia. its not nearly on the same scale as JET (we're about 70 strong), but, depending on where you end up and what kind of person you are...i dunno. im having a blast here, teaching english to kids 0-6 years old, and i wouldnt have it any other way. well, i'd be drawing childrens books, but im working my way there. i would encourage everyone to check it out, if you are thinking of making some kind of change in your life: try PiA!!! (now accepting applications...yes, im hardcore recruiting. )
where was your friend when she were on JET? what was her experience like? did you ever visit them? you shouldve. what does she do now?

The Book 2 3 4
The Jisyou

11 November 2005
I'm still not seeing animals Rebecca!

11 November 2005
Talking

purb36,

That's awesome! My friend was in a tiny village, I don't remember the name. She went to Japan after I had transferred away from the school we were both attending, so no, I never did visit her there, though I have been to Tokyo / Kyoto once, a LONG time ago! I remember that the people were so HONEST ~ my folks and I had left a restaurant, and a guy came running after us, because we had left our camera behind! Imagine this happening in the US! Not likely!

I don't keep up with my ex~roomate who went, but I think she went on to business school in New York. She definitely enjoyed her experiences though ~ I have lots of letters with some cool stamps to prove it.

Okay, per Martin / erilaz's request, I am posting here my lame zoo drawing which I did today ~ it was more social outing than sketch session, but I had a great time, and decided to tweak my little piccy of a lion. He was quite a cutie!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 11 November 2005 at 04:28 PM.

11 November 2005
Hi everyone,

I hope I am posting this in the right place. If not, feel free to move or remove it, Rebecca.

I have been pretty sick recently and busy to boot but I wanted to put this little sketch from yesterday up.

It was actually done to help a friend with his design but I ended up liking it and took it in a different direction.

It is a WereTiger and took about 30 minutes all in Painter 9.

11 November 2005
It's an animal of sorts, and it's very good, so I think it can stay 11th Door!!!

Love the droop of the shoulders and the overall body work.

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by Rebeccak:

Okay, per Martin / erilaz's request, I am posting here my lame zoo drawing which I did today ~ it was more social outing than sketch session, but I had a great time, and decided to tweak my little piccy of a lion. He was quite a cutie!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Moving subjects are always the hardest to draw!! Nice Rebecca. I think you should visit the zoo more often and relax!

11 November 2005
Talking

erilaz,

LOL ~ it was fun. It was a perfect, sunny day, surprising for the time of year, and I got my socializing on ~ now, back to work for me!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
nice pic 11th...like a cross between tiger and Tyson.

luckily, im teaching animals this month.

(continued)

The Book 2 3 4
The Jisyou

Last edited by purb36 : 11 November 2005 at 10:43 AM.

11 November 2005
(pt. 2)

enjoy

The Book 2 3 4
The Jisyou

Last edited by purb36 : 11 November 2005 at 10:44 AM.

11 November 2005
Talking

purb36,

OMG these are adorable!!! I want one!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
ikaga desu ka (how about this)?

The Book 2 3 4
The Jisyou

11 November 2005
Talking

Wheee!!! Thank you!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
falcon

when i went to cal arts for their portfolio day, they suggested more animals and more color... heres a picture of a falcon i did in charcoal (doing figures in color )

took about 45min-1hr, charcoal + a little white chalk pastel on drawing paper w/ a kneaded eraser handy

Last edited by InterFacer : 11 November 2005 at 09:49 AM. Reason: methods/time

Thread Closed share thread