Animals - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2005   #16
Here is one I did for my Aunt a couple of years ago. The photo of the baby deer is one she sent to me. The image bg is part digital part photo. The foreground is all digital as is the deer. Made in PSP and retouched in PS. I wanted the details to be soft with this image.

Old 08 August 2005   #17
Talking

Samanthie,

I really love the colors in this painting! The painting of the deer is, for lack of a better term, totally adorable!! The only thing is that I think some of the colors could be a bit desaturated, and some of the edges alternately sharpened or softened, for contrast.

Thanks for posting this!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #18
looks like u ppl just waited for this thread. amazing how fast you post your work and really good work i might say.

keep it up
tuzz

Old 08 August 2005   #19
wooly pig and dead thing

wow, great work everyone!
My first pic is an oldie from about 2000 i think... i used graphite (spelling? ,) pencils ...probably 2H, F, and 3B.

the second picture is of a sealions skull that was sitting in the studio where i work. it took me about 45 minutes. i used a 6B and 3H mostly.

Last edited by Echinodermata : 08 August 2005 at 07:50 PM.

Old 08 August 2005   #20
Talking

Echinodermata,

Lovely drawings, thanks for posting these! And welcome to the forum!

I particularly like your second piece, the 'dead thing', lol! Really beautiful shading technique, and I have a personal fondness for sepia~toned drawings. Great stuff, I hope you post more work!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #21
Thanks Rebecca, I will have another go at the deer image and see what I can do.

Echinodermata I love you sheep drawing and the skull. Very good shading and I also like the sepia tone.

Old 09 September 2005   #22
Hi Rebecca
Animals are one of my favorite things to draw and paint.
Just discovered this thread....Nice

Here is an old ball point pen and tempra drawing

One of Mrs Spirit Dreamer's favorites,
she told me to post it,
since she does the posting, I think I better put it on!
Enjoy!
Glenn

Old 09 September 2005   #23
Talking

Spirit Dreamer,

Ah, I really like this one a lot!! I love that the blossoms are the only colorized bits in the picture, and the brushstroke work is really nice! This is what I mean about not using effects ~ I think you get so much more out of just your own line work!!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #24
Nerudaspis aliena

Hi,
great images everyone!
I tought I could post some animal drawing in here too.

Medium: Pencils KOH-I-NOOR 4H, B, 8B, eraser
Image completition time: several hours
Reference: from palaeontological book, but I will draw something from real fossils IŽve found soon (this was warm up excercise )

thanks for looking

Old 09 September 2005   #25
Talking

raptor|3D,

Wow, really nice drawing here! Your drawing looks as though it belongs in a reference book, particularly the upper half. Great stuff ~ thanks for posting, and can't wait to see the 'real' drawing and not 'just the exercise'.

Cheers!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #26
Thanks a lot rebecca! Looks like I will have to do the second drawing really good. WeŽll see wether the drawing from real fossil will be better because by saying "this is warm up" I meant that I needed to prepare for drawing trilobite from real by drawing trilobite from book, which is for many people easier - including me. So I did this drawing in order to warm up for drawing from real ) So, weŽll se. Thank you again for your kind words )

I have to join Open Figure Drawing Workshop as soon as I will have photo reference printed because I donŽt like drawing from monitor.

cheers

Old 09 September 2005   #27
Hi
Seems that extinct animals are ok here so here is my scribble
Well my friend Raptor|3D and I agreed that we need more training so we choosed some topic (trilobites obviously) and here it is ... nothing special but anyway
Its just good old Pencil 4B and plastic eraser
This one is drawn on rough paper thats why it has such a texture
time: cca 2hours

This one is drawn on smooth paper
time: 4hours .. yeah I know I'am quite slow

Ok thats it
- Slux

Old 09 September 2005   #28
Talking

raptor|3D,

No problem! Ok, now I see what you mean by 'warm~up' and that makes a lot more sense! I definitely look forward to you joining the OFDW! Zhuzhu has offered to model for our next session, (not nude, of course ) and I have asked him to provide us with printable versions, so we'll see. I'm sure yours will be a great contribution!

Slux,

Great to see you back on the boards! These drawings are just sooo beautiful, particularly the last one, the details of which I love. I used to hugely love trilobites (I have a real one that's fairly large) and these are really great objects to draw from...well, now they're objects since they're fossilized. But your shading work is amazing, which doesn't surprise me since you did such a great job with your skull. I think it's awesome that you and friend raptor|3D paired up to do this exercise, it's a great thing to have such a great artist as a friend!
Great work guys! Hope to see more soon!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #29
Hi rebecca I'am glad you like it
yeah I was away from the borad for a while because of some terible exam it was most difficult exam of my live but anyway it turned out rather well - A .... and I'am out of school now ... muhehehe
So expect me in some of your lessons very soon and btw its great that Zhuzhu decided to pose for us .. it will be interesting ....

- Slux

Old 09 September 2005   #30
I went for a walk yday, nearby we have a small farm with a few horses and cows. I managed to meet 2 cows, and one horse. One of the cows (the standing one) was a big pain in the a*** :P. It kept moving every three seconds.... The other one was just sleeping there and munching on grass. The horse was a very nice one though, good poser. Earned an apple and a pet on the nose from me.

Quick sketches. Couldnt do it for long, it was rather chilly, my hands were freezing in no time Oh and sorry for the bad scan ... it s from my sketch book with a spyral ... so it is casting a bit of a shadow...

Thread Closed share thread