2D Concept Artists - TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by rebeccak: Zepyhri,

Good God, these are cool! I especially like the first and second pieces. I have only one question...what is the gender of the angel in the first piece?

~Rebeccak

Ah, yes, sorry, should have mentioned that. The angel IS male, though all the angels in that particular universe I role play in are very beautiful, androgynous (is that the right spelling, or come to think of it the right word?) beings. I hope that's okay...

07 July 2005
pft...girls and their pretty boys....proves my theory that all woman are lesbians in there own special way.

cool art though,apart from the over prettyness.the guys face in ur second pic kinda looks like a woman too,*the one being stangled* still looks cool though,great colour.

Last edited by NOOB! : 07 July 2005 at 05:57 PM.

07 July 2005
Hey Zepyhri would you be kind enuff to show us some progress shots of ur digital painting for ur novel?

07 July 2005
@Magic Man:
That shit-faced samurai is a excellent concept style! kudos!

@Zepyhri:
breathe: excellent painting and the elvish city is great!

07 July 2005
Thank you guys... reflectedfight: I'd love to, but I'd never heard of CGTalk when I did it, or I might have done! I painted pretty much everything onto a maximum of three layers, one for one guy, one for the other and the background. Progress shots are something I find very useful myself, so I'll try to keep a record of the next piece I do like that.

07 July 2005
Just one doubt(I can b wrong but it's ok cuz an atheus,anyway),but aren't angels suppost to b assexuated?
I really loved everyboy's work,but Shitface,the butcher,made me smile the most

07 July 2005
I made a new painting ill show the close ups but if you want to see the full painting go here.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=260949

oh sorry I did not put how long it took. The whole work took 1 week and half on and off. The scene took 1 day mostly and the rest was minor tweaking. The cha took the longest to get right since even at the high res the cha were small so every pixle counted.

Last edited by RO : 07 July 2005 at 08:42 PM.

07 July 2005
Just finished another one this is a dwarf part of the fantasy concept art project I am doing. He is Heavy Arms type.

07 July 2005
Talking

Wow, that's so cool! Frankly I think your dwarf design looks better than *here I exhibit my huge lack of geek knowledge* huge statues that they had in LOTR ~ you know, the huge guardian guys with the outstretched arms...thingy...*hides in shame*

But yeah, this rocks!!!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Thanks I am really trying to keep true to the what has been seen before but also stray with the design types of armor or general feel a bit. Hope it comes to be original without being a clone of a style done before etc.

08 August 2005
Desp#2/Rog i like your style very impressive

09 September 2005
Talking

Don't forget about this thread, either *bump*

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2006
ok why not

medium: photoshop
facts: ive done this for a friend whos playing dsa (like d&d) p&p rpg

facts: this is one of my characters i played in ultima online

facts: this is some stylized selfportrait for my site (which aint done yet, dont waste your time looking )

facts: its been for chow 18 (metrosexual pirate) over at ca.org

medium: pencil
facts: this has been my entry for character of the week 19: twisted anatomy beauty over at ca.org

cheers

04 April 2006
Talking

Awesome!!!

Hey, if you are interested in running a Workshop or Tutorial here on the Anatomy Forum, please let me know and I'll help you set that up (Workshop) - Tutorial/s you may post at any time.

When posting Tutorials, I just ask that you follow the standard naming convention of:

TUTORIAL - *What It's About* - by *Your Name*

And, of course, to post it in the Tutorial forum.

Great work!!!

Cheers,
*Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2006
thank you for your support rebecca... i just wouldnt know what to tell... im feeling like a starter myself... not like theres something i feel i could tell someone else.... :/

but ill keep that in mind... and maybe im just in a bad mood today... ill come back to you on that issue when i feel ready .

Thread Closed share thread