Creature Designers - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #46
Here is a bunch of my sketches.

Old 02 February 2006   #47
Woof

Did this for conceptart.org creature week

Old 02 February 2006   #48
Talking

Andrew,

Very cool work ~ particularly your last piece, Wow!!! I wouldn't mind seeing a Tutorial on how you put that together...were you interested in doing one. I just ask that those who create Tutorials stick to the standard naming convention of Tutorial - *What it's about* - by *Your name/username* (minus the asterisks, of course). And also to keep posts to under 800 pixels wide.

What do you say?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #49
Talking

I tried another creature , I working on anatomy but I think I learn it very slow -_-'

Old 04 April 2006   #50
Hi there - here is a model done in Zbrush with the drawing that gave me the idea --

Old 04 April 2006   #51
Talking

Monster_General,

My apologies, as I missed your earlier post ~ nice drawing there ~ and to think you wanted to give up.

zachdt3D,

Hey there, welcome to the forum, and it's nice to see your work! For how long have you been working with ZBrush? I am trying to learn it myself, with mixed results.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 04 April 2006   #52
I'm new to 3D and have been playing around with Zbrush for about 4 months and have so much to learn , I am a croupier at the moment and this has been a bit of a hobby - planning on going studying at escape studio's in London in Jan next year....

Old 04 April 2006   #53
Talking

zachdt3D,

Ah, that sounds very cool, doesn't a really good anatomist teach sculpting courses there? I think I've heard a bit about it, if I'm not mistaken. It would be great if you were to post your work from your course there! Are you taking ZBrush, or a number of different courses with Escape?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 04 April 2006   #54
I haven't done any courses yet - planning on doing the Maya Comprohensive course first and then go and to zbrush --- really want to get into character modeling and animation

Old 04 April 2006   #55
here is another model

Old 04 April 2006   #56
Talking

zachdt3D,

Cool to see these! I think what might help you to improve the models is to do a bit of traditional drawing (in pencil or whatever medium with which you are most comfortable) of the skeletal and muscular structure of different types of animals. There are abundant resources on Google as well as the Reference thread we have here (though that contains links mainly to human reference).

It's common wisdom that the better you are traditionally, the better you will be digitally ~ so I really recommend creating a personal Anatomy Thread here:

Personal Anatomy & Sketchbook Threads

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=200

and really going after some serious Anatomy study.

All personal Anatomy Threads can be found here:

Anatomy Threads of Individual Users
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...97&postcount=12

Definitely worth checking out!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 04 April 2006   #57
Thanks for the info

cheers,

zach

Old 04 April 2006   #58
Talking

No problem!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 04 April 2006   #59
Nacuma Nidens:
It was acctually ment for the "Noseeum" challenge at conceptart.org, but I didn't manage to finish it in time, nor make the description that was somewhat required. So now it's just another creature whitout much purpose. The name is just words "Unnamed canis" scrambled.
It took me 4-5 days on and off or so to make it.

Old 04 April 2006   #60
Talking

Lady M,

That really rocks! I think my crits would be that both left legs need the same sense of structure that you've well-established in the right legs. You know, it's funny, because the face reminds me of a catfish, and well, the body, of a cat. You see where I'm going with this.

It's clever that you've scrambled the name - who would have guessed? I love seeing your concept sketches, and look forward to seeing more here.

Cheers,

- Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread