3D Digital Artists

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
Hey Rebecca
I just wanted to show my latest progress on my torso while i'm waiting for my friend to come up with this rig of his. It's still in its very early stages - just trying to get the shapes right.

First torso post

Last edited by orangefisk : 07 July 2005 at 08:28 PM.

07 July 2005
The part where the torso muscles are situated is excellent. The back needs a bit more work, those holes around the centre of the spine are too big. There's something wrong about that forearm muscle too, but that one still raw WIP, right?

07 July 2005
Talking

orangefisk,

Holy supercoolness Batman! That rocks! I think I'll wait til you're a bit further along to 'critique' this ~ as I know things change fast in ZBrush. Why not get it as far 'done' as possible, then I'll see if I can find flaws...hmm....

Thanks for posting this, it's awesome!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Hey
Update in my thread

Rebecca
I've just been playing a bit with the model this morning before i'm off to work. It would be great if you had a look at the model when it's less wip. Just wanted to follow up

Chikos
Hey thanx man. Yes - it's super bigtime wip. More updates will follow in my thread

07 July 2005
Talking

Hey orangefisk,

No problem, I'll try to get to it today if I can ~ it's super cool to see this stuff, feeling happy!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Talking

orangefisk,

Just a really brief review...so far, looks great, just a few minor tweaks which I would recommend to improve this cool model:

Gotta run, but feel free to post more images as you update your work ~ look forward to seeing the finished model!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Hi Rebecca - oh man, cool, thanx for the paintover. A sad thing though, is that i had to remodel most of the mesh because of sloppish work when i first made the base mesh. Oh well - I still got some quality time in company with Z
I tried to incorportate some of your suggestions in this update.

(Linket to a bigger picture)

07 July 2005
Talking

orangefisk,

Ah! I kind of figured this might happen ~ no worries! It gives me good practice. Let me know when you're finished finished, and if you need me to, I'll be happy to critique your model then.
Looking forward to seeing your results!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
helow everyone, here is mine feel free to crits

07 July 2005
Talking

5awamura,

Wow, COOL! The only things I notice right now are that he has no nipples and that his ears are just a bit large. The legs aren't as refined as the upper body, but whether or not this matters depends on how much you will be seeing the legs. The ankle area is a bit too straight / parallel to look completely organic. His arms may be a TAD short, but since he is a muscle guy, this may seem right. Other than that, yep, this model appears to kick bootay!

<scratching head in an effort to come up with something else...>

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 03:05 PM.

07 July 2005
rebeccak

Congratulationson a very intersting thread. Here is something from me then.

The first poly hand I made I followed a tutorial in Spanish. The tute was so well illustrated that language was no barrier. The link to the tute is in a backup somewhere I can't get to at the moment so maybe someone here knows where it is for the community.

Took me bleedin ages to make BTW

07 July 2005
Kanga
Thats a really nice model you got there . A few more angeles would be really nice, just for me to use as a reference , hehe. The tutorial would be perfect, you know - you can never get enough references. You got any other models to share with this cool thread?

07 July 2005
Talking

Well, I've no complaints about this hand ~ it's amazing!

The ONLY thing I would say is that the fingers are too uniform ~ for it to really look like a person's realistic hand, it would have to have little deformities and irregularities to it ~ but of course, a lot of that you can probably accomplish with texturing, too. I would say that if you were going to use this hand for a highly realistic model, to just make it a bit LESS perfect . ~ But that's super cool to see!

~Rebeccak

EDIT: Good lord, that's an awesome website you have there, too!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 08:29 PM.

07 July 2005
orangefisk

Thanx man!
Yeah in about a month I will be able to get to the backup where I stored the tutorial so as soon as I can I will post a link here.

orangefisk

Thanx man, thats a kick butt avatar you got there!
I get the point about irregularities and am trying to get z-brush to work with 3dmax on a full body model and imbalance will help get rid of the plasticy effect. Busy with a lady at the moment,... looks like a nice thread to post progress for comment

07 July 2005
Talking

Kanga,

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread