3D Digital Artists

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #46
Originally Posted by akin: thats a study of human muscle l did recently

Awesome!

Old 07 July 2005   #47
Talking

Agreed. Akin is Rockin'.

Thanks for posting this AMAZING work!!!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #48
Originally Posted by rebeccak: orangefisk,

I'm happy to look at all of this incredible work! Flood all you want, it's great to see these cool posts!

I'm working on finding "flaws" in your model, should have something soon

Thanks!

~Rebeccak

Oh man - thanx. I just came home from work, and i am really looking forward to working with the model again. Any suggestions for improvemen would be appreciated

Old 07 July 2005   #49
Talking

Hey, orangefisk,

Absolutely! Right now there is a problem with nebezial's tutorial, so I am trying to handle that...getting back to you shortly!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #50
Talking

Ok, here is a really brief review which I did today / yesterday: let me know what you think ~ remember, this is just a suggestion! The model is awesome, here is just what I would recommend:

The eyes are a bit too far up - typically, eyes fall at about the middle of the face. This could be due to the angle of the render, too, but lowering the eyes just a tad would help.

His nose should be slimmer toward the top between the eyes than the bulb of his nose ~ having it thicker at the top makes him look a bit thuggish, which may be what you want, but he looks a bit more natural this way.

His eyebrows then line up a bit better with the eyes.

I would also move the mouth a bit up more toward the nose, as I think it's a bit too far down now in the face to look completely natural. However, humans are hugely variable, so one never knows!

Finally, I would widen the neck just a TAD on either side (ignore the lightness on HIS left neck, it's just because I mirrored the tweak I did on HIS right neck).

And that's it!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 05:03 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #51
Talking

orangefisk,

Also I think that in the side view his ear is a bit thick and just needs a bit of slimming:

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #52
Talking

One more thing, I think that the bump on his forehead looks a little odd, and could be broken up into smaller wrinkles...also, here is the 'before' and 'after' look at your work just in case the gif drives you nuts

Let me know what you think ~ there wasn't much to crit here, but these are just a few tweaks which I think could make your model better than it already is!
~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #53
Totally sweet :)

This is really fun. Well - i couln't stop myself turning on Z and start getting them small details spot on before going for wrinkels, micro details and so on. Well - your suggested changes just happen to be excatcly the thing i had been changing .

It's really nice to have another pair of eyes look at the model, I think I've been looking at the model for way to many hours

Edit
And maaaan Rebecca - thanx a billion for taking the time to take a look at the model. I am really gratefull

So - here's the latest update, click the image to get a gigantic screendump-mockup:

Last edited by orangefisk : 07 July 2005 at 05:39 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #54
Talking

Awesome! No problem ~ it's great to look at such cool work, I learn a lot from it! ~ Thanks for sharing your work!

Is it my imagination, or did you thin the ears? They look better, but it could be psychological .

The nose, I think, still needs to be thinned a bit at the top, and be careful not to depress it too far into the face - I think right now that top depression looks a bit too pronounced. The forehead wrinkles, however, look much better!

Overall, looking great, though. Just out of curiosity, was this a personal or a professional project?

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #55
Talking Let's call it female intuision :)

I did thin the ears - i actually defined most of the points you mentioned before you mentioned them - really spooky

I just saw the nose problem - i am going to fix it for the next update .

This is strictly a personal project - actually a 3d friend of mine is rigging the base mesh in this minute, so look out for some animation in the near future.

Again - thanx alot for helping Rebacca, all input is welcome.

Old 07 July 2005   #56
Talking

Woo! Animation! That would be cool if you could post your finished .mov or QT or whatever so we can see the model in action! Looking forward to it

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #57
Smile

Uuh - i will post some animation for sure if we ever are going to get so far. But i really like working on this model, for starters because i really took me time to get the base mesh right.

Theres is something bothering me though. Everytime i look at the side view something looks wrong - but i can't seem to figure out what it is. Any idea?

Old 07 July 2005   #58
Talking

Alrighty, I took a shot at the side view, and here is what I came up with...let me know what you think ~

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 06:51 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #59
Oh yeah! Thats really nice Rebecca. I will try to make them changes asap - kindda got into some quick torso modeling

Old 07 July 2005   #60
Talking

Cool, thanks! Hope it helps...I know it's much easier to suggest corrections for something 3D than to do them (particularly when you're rotating in 3D space constantly) but hopefully this helps out...hmmm...torsos!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread