WELCOME! :)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #1
Talking WELCOME! :)

Hello everyone

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank CGTalk for making this sub-forum a reality ~ specifically I would like to thank Mark Snoswell, Andrew Plumer, Leigh A. van der Byl, and Roberto Ortiz for supporting me in this effort and for handing me this amazing opportunity and responsibility. I am thrilled to have been entrusted with the privilege of moderating this sub-forum along with my friend Roberto Ortiz, who has given me great support and encouragement in my artistic endeavors ~ to him I owe much of the credit for making first the Anatomy Review threads and now the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art sub-forum a reality.

Additionally, I would like to personally thank everyone who has visited and contributed to the first two Artistic Anatomy Review threads for making these threads an amazing success ~ I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and viewing everyones' posts, and it has been a great pleasure to interact with this growing community of both new and experienced artists alike ~ thank you for all of your wonderful posts!

My Vision for the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art Sub-Forum is the Following:

1. I want both new / beginning artists and experienced / professional artists alike to feel welcome and comfortable posting their comments and work on any of the threads which are offered in this sub-forum.

2. I want all kinds of artists in ANY MEDIUM in 2D / 3D ~ be they concept artists, creature designers, storyboard artists, or fine artists ~ to feel welcome and comfortable participating in any of the threads which are offered in this sub-forum.

3. I want people to treat others with RESPECT, and offer critique which is CONSTRUCTIVE and POSITIVELY SUPPORTIVE.

4. I want people to post their BEST WORK, and to continue to post their work as they IMPROVE.

5. I want people to use this sub-forum as a RESOURCE to which they both contribute ~ by posting their work, tutorials, links, etc.) ~ and use constructively to improve their own work.

6. I want people in this sub-forum to consider themselves an ARTISTIC COMMUNITY, from which they get out as much as they put in. INDIVIDUALS' CONTRIBUTIONS are ESSENTIAL and VITAL to this sub-forum.

THANKS TO EVERYONE for stopping by and posting, and I look forward to participating in this wonderful online artistic community!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 12:33 AM.

Old 07 July 2005   #2
great! i love it!

i would like to be the first (today anyway) to thank you for your efforts. This is a great community and i know everyone here appreciates what you are doing. thank you.

Old 07 July 2005   #3
Really appreciate what you are doing, keep up the good work

Old 07 July 2005   #4
Wow, this seems very interesting.

Eagerly awaiting the rest of this.
modelling practice #1

Old 07 July 2005   #5
Nice! and sweet!

Old 07 July 2005   #6
this is great ! I've always wanted to share my figure drawings from classes, but didnt feel that this was the place because they were not "CG". I'm so glad we have this now! Thank you Roberto and Rebecca!

Old 07 July 2005   #7
Nice...

Sweet. Your anatomy review has finally motivated me to learn to draw. You wouldn't happen to have any good resources for n00bs would ya?

Anyways, thank you and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

-b

Old 07 July 2005   #8
I am elated!!

"Let him who would move the world first move himself"

-Socrates-

Old 07 July 2005   #9
Fantastic opportunity

Hi Rebecca, and everyone else.

Although I have a lot of work in the many other parts of the CGNetworks/CGSociety, I am going to MAKE TIME to become a part of this very exciting forum. I've neglected a piece of my brain way too much, a piece I know I've been born with.

Thanks for motivating.

Old 07 July 2005   #10
Congrats! This really looks to be a good resource as well as an interactive playground. Thanks for contributing so much time and effort to make this worthwhile for everyone. {/end suck-up}

um .. snarf?
(: AA

the aČalien

Old 07 July 2005   #11
Talking

Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments!

'muffmate, thank you for all of your help on my Website /grateful remarks

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 07 July 2005   #12
This is awesome, thanks very much for this wonderful forum

Old 07 July 2005   #13
Awesome! Thanks for making this happen everyone...I'll be spending plenty of time in here. And thanks for using my sketch for the announcement poster!

I now have some General's charcoal pencils, and might be going to a life drawing session tomorrow...so I'll be posting some stuff!

Old 07 July 2005   #14
Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work before I forget

Old 07 July 2005   #15
Ahh... Brilliant, This Will definatly help most people.

Thread Closed share thread