Silo 2.0 beta 9e is out. Rock Solid

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2007   #1
Silo 2.0 beta 9e is out. Rock Solid

Beta 9e of silo2 is out and is quite definitely the best modeler out there period. Plus the displacement painting and normal map generation is top notch.

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10350

Old 05 May 2007   #2
Nice one fella...

Old 05 May 2007   #3
Originally Posted by danmarell: Beta 9e of silo2 is out and is quite definitely the best modeler out there period. Plus the displacement painting and normal map generation is top notch.

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10350

i agree!!.

Silo is by far my favorite app for poly modeling.

big congratulation to the never center guys.

Old 07 July 2007   #4
Honestly, i like Silo, but it seems NC people lost it. They churn out one beta version after another, and it seems nothing ever gets fixed. What they change - i have no idea, seems the same, down to the last bug. Split loop command is still bugged, after all this time, you have to Ctrl-Z every time you do it, just to put the loop back in center. Mirror and Instance Mirror is totally broken since the first beta...
Now they say the final version is on the way. Will everything vital get fixed ? I doubt that. They will go to perfect the sculpting toolset, while losing the poly one.

Old 07 July 2007   #5
Originally Posted by McKertis: Honestly, i like Silo, but it seems NC people lost it. They churn out one beta version after another, and it seems nothing ever gets fixed. What they change - i have no idea, seems the same, down to the last bug. Split loop command is still bugged, after all this time, you have to Ctrl-Z every time you do it, just to put the loop back in center. Mirror and Instance Mirror is totally broken since the first beta...
Now they say the final version is on the way. Will everything vital get fixed ? I doubt that. They will go to perfect the sculpting toolset, while losing the poly one.

Re The split loop command 'bug.' It sounds like you have your slide command set to a default value >0 and are perhaps holding your split loop key down a bit too long (which initiates slide).

Describe 'totally broken'? - seems to work fine for me.

Old 07 July 2007   #6
Quote: Describe 'totally broken'? - seems to work fine for me.

Take a look in "Beta bugs" subforum. Most threads repeat themselves after every beta.
Concerning the Mirror - the infamous seam bug, the fact that you cannot have Mirror on local axis, and you cannot have Instance Mirror on a world axis. Doesnt make sense. Also, Symmetry often bugs out, and distorts the transformation you're applying.

Quote: It sounds like you have your slide command set to a default value >0

You're right about that...i wonder how i was supposed to know about it, though...

The last beta also have a great deal of stability problems, crashes every 10 minutes, sometimes more often. I'm back at beta 9.

Old 07 July 2007   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread