Multiple UVs in a scene (one per object)?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
Multiple UVs in a scene (one per object)?

I've run into a bit of a snag, whereby I have a character composed of multiple separate meshes, but I can't seem to assign separate UVs to each of the meshes. Currently when I generate a texture proxy for each mesh, it is overlaid onto the UV set of any other object in the scene that has been previously-unwrapped. Is there any way to have completely separate UV sets per object? Because this could get very messy, very quickly.

03 March 2007
No problem man! Open the scene editor, and hide the uv sets that you aren't working on

03 March 2007
Thanks goon, what I was doing was basically show all sets, then select the item in the 3d view, go back to the uv view and hide unselected. After posting I also realised that the uv coords do in fact remain separate per object, so to speak, but it would still be nice to have it so that they don't physically occupy the same space in the uv editor.

03 March 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread