Silo 2.0 Public Beta 1a

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #16
Public Beta 2b released:

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7461

Old 10 October 2006   #17
amazing new features! I can't wait for the final release..

I loved the displacement brush thing.

1. But can you export the displacemtn map afterward to use it in other software? that would be awesome.

2. I also tried to import OBJ files created by Maya and 3D Max but couldn't see the geometry, though the UV map showed up in texture windows.

Is it something I do wrong or it's just a Beta thing.

Old 10 October 2006   #18
You will be able to export displacemnts and normal maps. Maybe your imported geometry was at a funny scale? Maybe try zooming out and changing the clipping plane? Can you see it in the scene editor?

Old 10 October 2006   #19
Originally Posted by John Keates: You will be able to export displacemnts and normal maps. Maybe your imported geometry was at a funny scale? Maybe try zooming out and changing the clipping plane? Can you see it in the scene editor?

You will be able to export displacemnts and normal maps.. in The final release. At the moment there is no Displacement and Normal Exporter in the beta version.. hopefully soon..

Originally Posted by oveis86: 2. I also tried to import OBJ files created by Maya and 3D Max but couldn't see the geometry, though the UV map showed up in texture windows.

I had the same Problem exporting an obj from Cinema 4d . Because in the default setting the exporter scales the model up 1000 x .. i changed it to 1x and now the Model is working fine in Silo.

Old 10 October 2006   #20
thanks for your replies guys.

- that's great... exporting displacement maps with Silo means I don't have to learn ZBrush!! lol

- ok, i will try changing the OBJ export options... but the thing is I couldn't see the object in Scene editor at all.

Old 10 October 2006   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread