KURV Studio's Training DVDs

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #31
I bought it from Amazon and it had a label on there.

Anyway I managed to rip most of the files and burn them on a new disc so it wasnt a big deal. The content was what I was interested in and I got that- You just dont expect to recieve something in that bad a condition if you paid for a new DVD

I'm getting the impression that what I got wasnt an actual genuine Kurv dvd

Last edited by benclark : 12 December 2006 at 09:44 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #32
I'd say you got stuffed.
I have bought from Kurv a few times, the DVDs are always professionally produced and packaged.
If it looks cheaply printed and badly fitted, I'd say you were "broad-sided", as in avast there me hearties, if you catch my drift.
But it confuses me that it came from Amazon, very odd.

Old 12 December 2006   #33
yep sounds like it. I checked my order history incase I had bought it from an amazon seller but it was actually from Amazon.com

I should emphasise that the content was good!! Just dont buy from Amazon.com

Old 12 December 2006   #34
Ive had dealing with Kurv Studios myself and Ive had nothing but positive results. Now I do know that they are a company of only a few people, so you must be patient with them on replys back. That being said, the link that you had to that specific forum thread indeed had a rediculously long relpy wait, which is unnusual for Kurv.

Try them again and see, or email them and ask for your money back saying that you bought the DVD and it didnt come with all the neccesary materials and you waited for a long time before a responce. Im sure Kurv would be more than happy to either refund your money or give you another DVD for free!

Dont hurt me KURV

Old 12 December 2006   #35
Originally Posted by Alchemist101: I bought it from Amazon and it had a label on there.

Anyway I managed to rip most of the files and burn them on a new disc so it wasnt a big deal. The content was what I was interested in and I got that- You just dont expect to recieve something in that bad a condition if you paid for a new DVD

I'm getting the impression that what I got wasnt an actual genuine Kurv dvd

Well I would not think that amazon would sell a knock off, they are a great company... weird. But regardless, if you got a bad DVD from them, it was probably damaged in shipping and Amazon will take care of you on that.

Author, LightWave 3D 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks
My NewTek Profile

Old 12 December 2006   #36
Originally Posted by broli4000: Ive had dealing with Kurv Studios myself and Ive had nothing but positive results. Now I do know that they are a company of only a few people, so you must be patient with them on replys back. That being said, the link that you had to that specific forum thread indeed had a rediculously long relpy wait, which is unnusual for Kurv.

Try them again and see, or email them and ask for your money back saying that you bought the DVD and it didnt come with all the neccesary materials and you waited for a long time before a responce. Im sure Kurv would be more than happy to either refund your money or give you another DVD for free!

Dont hurt me KURV

No, thanks broli4000, we do try to take care of our customers and usually they are extremely happy with how we do handle the situations. Every company has issues, it happens...

In this case... we had posted the images almost a year earlier and notified him that we had done so... he felt these were not the full size images... but they were the origionals used by Glen. Sometimes you just can not help everyone.

Here is the link to the images we posted waaaaaayyyy back in 2005

http://www.kurvstudios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775 as he says, check the dates...

Author, LightWave 3D 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks
My NewTek Profile

Old 12 December 2006   #37
yeah, sorry about that. You are completely right!

Keep the great products coming!

Old 12 December 2006   #38
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread