CGTalk > More Forums > Click Here for: > Nevercenter Silo
To minimize the ads you see on this page create a CGTalk account and log in HERE
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #16
McKertis
Inflexible Shapechanger
 
McKertis's Avatar
Eugene
Russia
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 658
I totally didnt like the second Glen Southern Silo training DVD.

+ : Glen's skills

- : his weird accent, and his way of "tsk"ing, like when saying words such as "bulk".
- : his narration in general
- : if you go to a trouble of drawing a reference image - FOLLOW IT !!! And Glen starts to ignore the image totally in third video. That was fast...
- : The giant "Kurv Studios" logo hangs around.
- : The framerate is very low. I am comparing to Gnomon DVDs, DT DVDs, and even 3D Buzz videos.
- : BAD marketing move, calling the DVD "Head modeling" invites people, and then they find out its a TROLL head. That was not what comes to mind when you think of "Head modeling".
Of course, i checked the cover and content before i saw the actual videos, but i learned the name of the DVD much earlier, and was kinda looking to it, and was disappointed at what it really was about.
__________________
Current WIP : Female Faces
Gallery of WIPs, and general unfinishness.
 
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #17
Cinnsealach
Frequenter
 
Cinnsealach's Avatar
portfolio
Andy Kinsella
Manchester, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 178
What's weird about Glens' accent? He is English, and has an English accent.

The reference is not a set in stone schematic. It's a rough guideline. Ideas evolve during the modelling process.

What's wrong with trolls?
 
Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 AM   #18
Smedro
New Member
Klaus Richter
Germany
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnsealach
What's weird about Glens' accent? He is English, and has an English accent.



I love to listen Glens DVDs. For me ist's not only learning modelling, it's learning english too.
By the way, the troll head is on the cover and in the description of this DVD you can read:
Quote:
In this video Glen uses several different styles of modeling to create a Trolls head including box-modeling the basic skull shape, creating patches of polygons by extruding edges and putting the whole model together using background reference.

Have a nice day.
 
Old 10-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #19
McKertis
Inflexible Shapechanger
 
McKertis's Avatar
Eugene
Russia
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 658
What a sorry way to learn English...
__________________
Current WIP : Female Faces
Gallery of WIPs, and general unfinishness.
 
Old 10-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #20
Cinnsealach
Frequenter
 
Cinnsealach's Avatar
portfolio
Andy Kinsella
Manchester, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 178
I'm not sure if I should laugh or crack my head off the wall.
 
Old 10-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #21
Phrenzy84
phunky Buddha
 
Phrenzy84's Avatar
portfolio
Andrew Browne
Modeler
London, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,012
not having a go at anyone hear, but im glad i dont make dvd's or some sort of product, except 3d models.

I guess i have always known it but there will all be people complaining no matter what once money has changed hands.

hope all is well now.
__________________
Blog
 
Old 10-14-2006, 07:31 AM   #22
McKertis
Inflexible Shapechanger
 
McKertis's Avatar
Eugene
Russia
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 658
Well, as long as there are some people selling bad quality products (like KURV) - there will be people complaining. Dont see anything wrong with this setup.
__________________
Current WIP : Female Faces
Gallery of WIPs, and general unfinishness.
 
Old 10-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #23
Phrenzy84
phunky Buddha
 
Phrenzy84's Avatar
portfolio
Andrew Browne
Modeler
London, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,012
then i am glad, that not everyone feels the same way you do.
__________________
Blog

Last edited by Phrenzy84 : 10-14-2006 at 11:31 AM.
 
Old 12-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #24
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
My $.02 FWIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneigekko
I just finished doing a character modeling DVD for Kurv Studios myself ... <snip>
In the DVD I am creating a character based off a sketch that a friend of mine did. I dont provide the image of the character on my DVD either. The point, (at least on MY dvd) is to learn Silo and watch my techniques. Not to re-create the exact same character.



Well, for whatever it's worth, I think that is a mistake.

I think following along with someone as they work is a good way of learning.

This is not a learn by watching art... it is a learn by doing. First you mimic what the teacher does, then you branch out on your own and try new things.

That's how I learned everything from how to paint a still life to how to hit a curve-ball... That's why I bought the video -- so I could follow along...

I certainly don't mean to single you out. Or Kurv studios. I'm not taking a shot at Kurv. I have over a half dozen of their titles. They are one of the few places that has a full line of Lightwave and Silo products -- two of the products I use most.

Wes is a little hard to get a hold of sometimes, but he has always been decent with me when I reach him.

But, I agree that the dino artwork should have been on the DVD. I can't understand the thinking that left it off. You include the finished model, but not the artwork? That's just weird.

By contrast, the KURV video that teaches texturing a Viper includes the full model PLUS artwork. So, it's not really a Kurv thing. I can only assume that Glen didn't have the permission to distribute the artwork, and so he left it off the video.

Which, I support. I mean, one artist should respect another artist's copyright. But, if you can't get permission, then pick a different reference.

I buy videos that teach step-by-step with the assumption that I can follow along.

If you were going to learn a guitar solo... wouldn't you expect the music to be included?

I really don't understand this thinking at all.

But, it does seem that the people making (and producing) the videos are out of touch with their audience when this sort of thing happens...

As far as the content of the video, it is thorough. Personally, I like the English accent... makes it feel like I'm listening to a professor lecturing... The Kurv logo on the video, for me, was no big deal. Not like it covers anything up... There are some annoying audio snicks (baby crying in the background... mic pickin up the mouse clicks so well sometimes you think it was hailing... a couple of other things...) But you get over that pretty easily. It does what it says it does: Introduces you to Silo.

I felt I got a good value for my money -- but the damn artwork SHOULD have been on there... IMHO.
 
Old 12-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #25
charglerode
charglerode
 
charglerode's Avatar
portfolio
Chris Harglerode
Interface Designer
EA Tiburon
Orlando, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14
Last month I purchased the Silo bundle with Silo 1.42 and 2 DVDs and personally I thought the quality was acceptable. Granted I wasnt expecting them to be great, but they were good enough.

However, my problem was KURV's pitiful customer service. I still havent received Silo or an activation key and I'm very ticked off. It is next to impossible to contact anybody and InfoCentral is right, there are a bunch of posts that just go unasnwered. Yet, while KURV will not respond to anybody, they still have the balls to send out spam trying to sell us more crap.

Suffice it to say, I dont care how good or bad the quality of the DVDs are, I will never purchase a single thing from them again and I stongly recommend nobody else does either.
 
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #26
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
I can see what I can do to help if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by charglerode

However, my problem was KURV's pitiful customer service. I still havent received Silo or an activation key and I'm very ticked off. It is next to impossible to contact anybody and InfoCentral is right, there are a bunch of posts that just go unasnwered. Yet, while KURV will not respond to anybody, they still have the balls to send out spam trying to sell us more crap.

Suffice it to say, I dont care how good or bad the quality of the DVDs are, I will never purchase a single thing from them again and I stongly recommend nobody else does either.


Well, I'd say that you have a beef, and I understand your feelings. I'd be pissed, too. Especially since by now your 30 day license expired and you can't even use it! (And it's a cool tool... 2.0 is even better, I can't wait for it to get out of beta).

Fortunately for me, that was never my experience with KURV. I had the added advantage in that I lived in Dallas for awhile, and knew Wes from the local LightWave user's group, so I had other avenues of contact.

I'll try to see if I can reach him and let him know about your issue. Not to salvage his business with you, but because if you paid for something, you should get it.

If you send me a PM with your order number, I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by MarkInTx : 12-11-2006 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added Title
 
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #27
benclark
Lord of the posts
 
benclark's Avatar
CGSociety Member
portfolio
Benjamin Clark
character artist
Rockstar North
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 857
Send a message via MSN to benclark
The content on the DVDs that I have seen from Kurv is very good but the business side of the company is dreadful

I ordered a Kurv DVD and they sent me a blank disc - seriously it had the label on and everything but nothing burnt onto the disc. I returned it and they sent me a disc that looks like it had been in a tornado. It was scratched as hell, the label was half peeled off, the box was smashed and wet inside and the last video file didnt work at all - great service!!

The customer services just replied saying they would sort it but nothing ever happened, and I just cant be bothered chasing up people who obviously dont want to do their job
__________________
www.benjaminclark.net My Portfolio
 
Old 12-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #28
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist101
I ordered a Kurv DVD and they sent me a blank disc - seriously it had the label on and everything but nothing burnt onto the disc. I returned it and they sent me a disc that looks like it had been in a tornado. It was scratched as hell, the label was half peeled off, the box was smashed and wet inside and the last video file didnt work at all - great service!!



Well, I get your point. The "Blank Disc" is something that should be caught in QA.

The second incident though, probably wasn't their fault. I mean, I doubt very much that they put a DVD in a package, ripped it up, and doused it with water, don't you? Seems to me that something happened in transit...

OTOH, I would expect a company to keep with their promises, and if they said they would fix it, I would hope they did.

So I understand why you're upset.

Lucky for me, that was never my experience with KURV. But, I would be pissed if it were...
 
Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #29
kurv
'now available'
 
kurv's Avatar
portfolio
Wes Beckwith
USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by charglerode
Last month I purchased the Silo bundle with Silo 1.42 and 2 DVDs and personally I thought the quality was acceptable. Granted I wasnt expecting them to be great, but they were good enough.

However, my problem was KURV's pitiful customer service. I still havent received Silo or an activation key and I'm very ticked off. It is next to impossible to contact anybody and InfoCentral is right, there are a bunch of posts that just go unasnwered. Yet, while KURV will not respond to anybody, they still have the balls to send out spam trying to sell us more crap.

Suffice it to say, I dont care how good or bad the quality of the DVDs are, I will never purchase a single thing from them again and I stongly recommend nobody else does either.


Send me your order number and I will look into this immediatly... to mu knowledge all codes have been sent out that should have been.

Thank you...
__________________
Wes Beckwith

Author, LightWave 3D 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks
My NewTek Profile
 
Old 12-15-2006, 04:33 AM   #30
kurv
'now available'
 
kurv's Avatar
portfolio
Wes Beckwith
USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist101
The content on the DVDs that I have seen from Kurv is very good but the business side of the company is dreadful

I ordered a Kurv DVD and they sent me a blank disc - seriously it had the label on and everything but nothing burnt onto the disc. I returned it and they sent me a disc that looks like it had been in a tornado. It was scratched as hell, the label was half peeled off, the box was smashed and wet inside and the last video file didnt work at all - great service!!

The customer services just replied saying they would sort it but nothing ever happened, and I just cant be bothered chasing up people who obviously dont want to do their job


Well first of all we check every disk that is shipped out... we have only had 3 disk issues in 2 years.

Also, we have never used labels on our products... so I am not sure where you ordered from but it was not KURV studios.
__________________
Wes Beckwith

Author, LightWave 3D 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks
My NewTek Profile
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.