Official forum hijacked!?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #1
Official forum hijacked!?

I keep getting redirected to PHBB DISABLED http://jabbah.lunarpages.com/suspended.page/phpbb_vuln.html!!!

The message on the resulting page is

"The Following PHPBB Forum was disabled for security reasons. If you are the webmaster of this forum please contact support for more detail."

I don't know much about the inner workings of the web, is this maintenance, my browser screwed up or malicious actions by a third party? - Baz

Last edited by BazC : 07 July 2005 at 05:47 PM. Reason: More info!

Old 07 July 2005   #2
I get the same thing. LunarPages is the Silo3D hosting company so my guess is that there's been a hacking attempt. I expect the forum will be back up as soon as possible.

Old 07 July 2005   #3
I get the same message. Their nevercenter.com site is still up though.

Hopefully this won't mess up the forums. There were a lot of good threads there that I'm sure Silo users needed. Hopefully everything will work out.

Old 07 July 2005   #4
Thanks for the replies, the message now says site down but they're working on it! :o)

Old 07 July 2005   #5
yeah

Same here...i hope they work it out soon without any loss...

Old 07 July 2005   #6
Sorry for the scare guys - we're updating from phpbb to vbulletin, and the database is all switched over and everything is ready to go, just working on the template a little bit more to make it as pleasant an experience as possible - should be up and running today (July 6th).

Old 07 July 2005   #7
Thanks for the info Jamchild!

Old 07 July 2005   #8
happened to some other phpBB sites as well, it was something like a security thing in phpBB let it attack other sites.

Old 07 July 2005   #9
Thanx Jamchild

I hope you did not change a lot on your site or make it difficult to brows around. I really like it simple and easy to get around the site.

Thnx for the update..

Old 07 July 2005   #10
Originally Posted by VisualKing: I hope you did not change a lot on your site or make it difficult to brows around. I really like it simple and easy to get around the site.

Thnx for the update..

Cgtalk is vBulletin and you don't seem to have any trouble here so all will be well I'm guessing.

Old 07 July 2005   #11
Ok, silo3d.com is back - we tried to keep the interface very simple (though i was disappointed at how hard it was to find a pre-made vbulletin template that was adequately simple :sad.

Old 07 July 2005   #12
the new forums look great!

Old 07 July 2005   #13
Not only is it pretty, it's faster than the old one too there's no obvious lag when you jump between each forum section now as it was before. I like that! hehe
Good work and congrats on the newly updated vbulletin forum

/ Max

Old 07 July 2005   #14
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread